Ello, ello :)

RebelAir

Air-Valve Autobot!
Hey all, AcE Kustoms here..Haven't yet had a good chance to look through the site as of yet and who's around..Some may know the name some may not but I'm just me, another Aussie who loves Airbrushing and nearly everything involved with it...Still got lots to learn and am happy to give an opinion that may help another if its something I can indeed help with...Automotive work is going to be my concentration over the coming months but also love a bit of portraiture including animal portraits...I utilize a pretty rough styling in my painting where speed for me is the key..So in essence I could say I specialize mostly in speed painting, freehanding and hand shielding...and if anyone needs a hand in these area's by all means feel free to hit me up and I'll happily help out if I can...

Great work on the site Mitch-Looks awesome..

Here's a couple pics of my latest project...Way to many hours into this one and kinda over it now LOL, rushing along to try and get it finished and needless to say its destroying my back at the moment...Need a car lift LOL

Attachments

• DVCI0336.JPG
    DVCI0336.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 30
  • DVCI0352.JPG
    DVCI0352.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DVCI0355.JPG
    DVCI0355.JPG
    173.3 KB · Views: 28
Welcome to the forums Ace. That's some impressive work. Halloween won't be the same for the kids in Australia this year.

Welcome from me Ace.
I would love to see a picture of the whole car in the street. What "guns" did you use and....more importantly can we see the reference for the work?

I so want to see the entire car !! Looks like either a VT or a VX commodore...... I have a VXS....... Damn I'd better start practising BIG time :) That is awesome with a capital A !

Nuts! ! i've just gone through your album and I spotted your two dragon Commo bonnets they are rather appealing too......... at least i have something to aspire to now.... in about 20 years :cheerful:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Ace, your work on that car looks very impressive.

Welcome and as everybody just said! Its great work! Very impressive.

Cheerz for the nice comments guys...@Worldofglasscraft, I initially was using my Badger Anthem till I dropped the bugger on the floor, jeez a hate exposed needles LOL so had to swap over to my Badger 150 and have been using it since..There's a ton of references that have been used m8 and most are just pics I found of the net I liked, will happily pass any on if there's some you like..I tend to use the reference initially to get the proportion I want then I ignore it so it adds a bit more of me to it...Also helps doing it that way as I can flow it into the other works around it...So no real master plan as such besides what I wanted it too look like in me head and have chopped and changed things that I felt didn't suit...

Bit hard to show the whole car, I'm looking for a program I used to have that turns still shots into a 3D montage, if anyone knows it throw up a link if possible, but still have a fair bit more work to do before I go down the path of getting some nicer shots done..But here's a couple more of the rear end I colored yesterday..and one of the front that I hope to color a bit today..and Jackeb it is a VX m8 with a clubby kit. Will post more in me albums when I get a chance...

Attachments

• Airbrushed VX Commodore 5.JPG
    Airbrushed VX Commodore 5.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DVCI0382.JPG
    DVCI0382.JPG
    164.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DVCI0393.JPG
    DVCI0393.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 11
Ace,
Don't know your name but had a look at your F/B page. F.R sent :)
Can't help you with your software request but found this hardware that might help (hehehehehe)
gbs3-3-treads-step-ladders.jpg

How long have you been airbrushing? Is it your day job or a hobby?
Keep em coming.
regards
Tony

Hey everyone, Ace is also the webmaster of http://www.airbrushanswers.com/ - this is a site i highly recommend for anybody wanting extra tutorials, articles, info, support anything.. it's growing extremely fast and is evolving as a massive database of great airbrush resources!
Welcome aboard Ace:) It's great to have someone with your experience and helpful resources here :congratulatory:

Ace,
Don't know your name but had a look at your F/B page. F.R sent :)
Can't help you with your software request but found this hardware that might help (hehehehehe)

How long have you been airbrushing? Is it your day job or a hobby?
Keep em coming.
regards
Tony

LOLOL, that would help, especially as I'm a bit short LOL...I found the program I was looking for-Photosynth..Cheerz for the warm welcome all...Still may need that ladder though ;)

The work on that car does not look impressive, the work on that car is impressive, lol

Welcome Ace, and thanks for sharing

*Stares at ground rubbing toe in the dirt* Ok, Madbrush, I stand corrected.:biggrin-new:

Back