erasers

T

TacticalBacon02

now when you guys say you use erasers, do you mean like pencil erasers or something different? and what kind of surfaces can you use them on? i am using hot press illustration board

pencil erasers, white drafting type erasers, pink hard erasers, any type. Its more of if the paint you are using is erasable. Hot press is fine to erase on but you just have to be careful not to go through the surface. It doesn't take paint well anymore if you go that far. Ask me how I know...

All sorts of erasers are used, from the Faber Castell eraser pencils '7058', '7056', etc. Kneadable erasers are very effective. Also hard erasers are often used; electric erasers are very useful. They are used on different surfaces but illustration board, for example, is a very effective surface for some, as it is designed with erasing in mind.

I am sure there are many on here that can suggest other erasers and various techniques that help.

Think they pretry much got ya covered. I do find that illustration board is ok for erasing, bit have heard gessoed masonite is better, at about the same price. I have one to try. I also ordered a pack of Schollershammer airbrush paper from the papermill store, this stuff is awesome, the board would be better but its expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok then... what paints are best to be erased? I tried to erase some createx and said "Those forum guys are nuts!" It didn't do anything.

Any surface can be erased upon. Metal, wood , canvas , paper.
But it is learning how hard to erase and which eraser to use for what paint and surface is the key.
Same with scratching in the highlights.
MJ Createx is not a good paint to use if you plan on erasing. WICKED , Createx Illustration , Etac, Com art are great for that.
I have erased HOK , SEM on metal panels with no problem.

Etac EFX so far is the easiest to erase for me. And it smells great too.

Ok then... what paints are best to be erased? I tried to erase some createx and said "Those forum guys are nuts!" It didn't do anything.

Schoellershammer Illustration board and ETAC EFX are a match made in heaven. I recently got to test using both together and I am pretty damn impressed.
I still have to test the Schoellershammer with Createx Illustration and Com-Art to do a fair comparison, but I couldn't imagine them being better than the ETAC.

Jeff the paper is awesome too. I may have to order the board after the getaway.

I had the same experience. Thank you for asking the question.Thank you all for answering. I will be trying to find some of these paints near me, failling that I guess it will have to be online.

Com-art on Schoellershammer works great as long as you don't wait too long after.

You should try all erasers. I don't like the Staedtler plastic erasers though. They stay dirty. Try super fine sandpaper as well.

I had the same experience. Thank you for asking the question.Thank you all for answering. I will be trying to find some of these paints near me, failling that I guess it will have to be online.
E-Tac can only be purchased from usairbrush.com. Com art I think you can get at either michaels or hobby lobby. Can't remember which one at the moment.

E-Tac can only be purchased from usairbrush.com. Com art I think you can get at either michaels or hobby lobby. Can't remember which one at the moment.

Hobby Lobby near me has Com Art. You can do better through amazon, Chicago airbrush has Com Art on sale right now for like 19 bucks a pack. Thats a fair savings... Of course there is always the 40% off Hobby Lobby deal. ;-)

Love the 40% coupons...I have gift cards for Hobby lobby might pick some up I have been wanting to try them out. I have more paint then I need but hey...

Love the 40% coupons...I have gift cards for Hobby lobby might pick some up I have been wanting to try them out. I have more paint then I need but hey...

You will never have more paint then you need ... It is like having to many pairs of socks you can never have enough....LOL

I agree I wanted to try a bunch of different kind of paint to see what I like the best. So far Etac-FX is on the top. Badger actually makes the Imagine air paints which I have not given a 100% try yet. I sprayed some but didn't give it the full erasing test like the others I tried so I will have to do that soon. But it seems like it is erasable at least the foam board I tried it on. They even have 10 candy colors in the line.

I agree I wanted to try a bunch of different kind of paint to see what I like the best. So far Etac-FX is on the top. Badger actually makes the Imagine air paints which I have not given a 100% try yet. I sprayed some but didn't give it the full erasing test like the others I tried so I will have to do that soon. But it seems like it is erasable at least the foam board I tried it on. They even have 10 candy colors in the line.

One thing on water based candies , Almost all are a pigment based candy and will not do the exact same thing as urethane . But Yes try every paint you can to form you own opinion of them and how they work for the way you paint.
I have even used urethane candies over water based paints with no issues.

Any surface can be erased upon. Metal, wood , canvas , paper.
But it is learning how hard to erase and which eraser to use for what paint and surface is the key.
Same with scratching in the highlights.
MJ Createx is not a good paint to use if you plan on erasing. WICKED , Createx Illustration , Etac, Com art are great for that.
I have erased HOK , SEM on metal panels with no problem.

How many times do I have to tell you HOK is crap?, lol

Back