Erasing Wicked on Yupo?

huskystafford

Needle chucking Ninja
Staff member
Admin
Mod
Anybody have a tip or two about Wicked and erasing?

How to get soft edges instead of hard ones when erasing Wicked?

Erasing by layers? Possible with Wicked?

Any tip would be welcomed. This erasing is a whole new beast...

I have zero experience working on Yupo, but I would assume the principles are the same as any other surface. Wicked wasn't designed to be erased easily like the Illustration line. Erasing immediately after spraying the color will make removing paint easier; however, the erased edges will likely be harder as opposed to softer. Using a soft eraser rather than a harder, more aggressive eraser will help to soften the edges. Allowing the paint to dry for a little longer makes it harder to remove paint, but the edges are softer even with an aggressive eraser. I normally prefer a layering technique where I erase paint before adding an additional light layer of paint followed by more erasing. I try to recede each erased layer which yields a softer finish if that makes sense.

I have zero experience working on Yupo, but I would assume the principles are the same as any other surface. Wicked wasn't designed to be erased easily like the Illustration line. Erasing immediately after spraying the color will make removing paint easier; however, the erased edges will likely be harder as opposed to softer. Using a soft eraser rather than a harder, more aggressive eraser will help to soften the edges. Allowing the paint to dry for a little longer makes it harder to remove paint, but the edges are softer even with an aggressive eraser. I normally prefer a layering technique where I erase paint before adding an additional light layer of paint followed by more erasing. I try to recede each erased layer which yields a softer finish if that makes sense.
thanks for your help. This will be very use full. :)

As above. Grab some illustration and you will be able to do mad stuff, like waiting 24hrs and using a soft eraser can carefully create fades, or erase with in 20mins for super sharp edges as it doesn’t start to cure straight away! Delayed cross linking I believe it’s called :) if you enjoy the erasing and the unlimited possibilities try some of the Blair airbrush paper as it’s superior in every way except price :) but worth it 100%

As above. Grab some illustration and you will be able to do mad stuff, like waiting 24hrs and using a soft eraser can carefully create fades, or erase with in 20mins for super sharp edges as it doesn’t start to cure straight away! Delayed cross linking I believe it’s called :) if you enjoy the erasing and the unlimited possibilities try some of the Blair airbrush paper as it’s superior in every way except price :) but worth it 100%
Thanks for your help. Where do I buy Dru paper? From states? I was thinking about Illustration paints for some while, I didn't pull the plug though. I must admit I am really tempted seeing people really like them. :)

The way I see it with price - it’s a bargain, I buy 20 get 5 free then cut them into 4 which gives me 100 paintings that are solid and reliable. I’ve spent more on a good night out

When You look at it like that then it works out to be far more reasonable, but then, if I was producing works like Yours then the price would be more than worth it :)

Back