Etac efx marrisa fx colours

Is there any distributor's of the Marissa FX in the US. Never was able to find one. The Intl. shipping costs have slightly deterred me from ordering them (and the lack of $$ in the bank account too :) ).

Is there any distributor's of the Marissa FX in the US. Never was able to find one. The Intl. shipping costs have slightly deterred me from ordering them (and the lack of $$ in the bank account too :) ).
I dont think there is any one selling it in the US but you can always ask Carlo at Foxy studio

I dont think there is any one selling it in the US but you can always ask Carlo at Foxy studio
Thx Ronald. Thats pretty consistent with what I hear. I sent them an email over a year ago and never got a response. Not a biggy though ill just have to bite the bullet one of these days. :)

Does anyone know if the flesh is an opaque paint? Just looking and one site list it as an opaque, how does that work if the others are transparents.
If I used burnt umber as a mapping colour(transparent I believe ) then I go to use the flesh, surely that would just cover the umber paint? Or am I just being thick!

Does anyone know if the flesh is an opaque paint? Just looking and one site list it as an opaque, how does that work if the others are transparents.
If I used burnt umber as a mapping colour(transparent I believe ) then I go to use the flesh, surely that would just cover the umber paint? Or am I just being thick!
the flesh is a opaque and forms the base for the other paints , the way I use it is like working with a transparent : I add the reduce base to the flesh and build up the basic under painting up like I would do with a transparent paint , if I want to do a dark skin I dont add the reduce base as it takes about 10 layers to reach max saturation .

Like @Ronald art said, it is opaque. These paints are formulated for Marissa's technique the same way the Createx Illustration colours are made to work with Dru's technique. You get your opaques and transparents and each has their places. I use the Marissa flesh as a transparent and only in the mid tones after I've established the shadow areas.

Thanks Ronald and Andre for clearing that up. Now I've read it I do recall @ad fez saying something along them lines, I should have taken better notes, I learnt so much I knew I would forget something:(

Thanks Ronald and Andre for clearing that up. Now I've read it I do recall @ad fez saying something along them lines, I should have taken better notes, I learnt so much I knew I would forget something:(
You will understand that I cant tell you all about the Tech'n EZ techniques aka Marissa's technique ;) and due to my changed color perception I changed the technique a bit and threw in a some monochrome technique not much but just enough to be able to see what I am doing :) and that is the only thing I can give away

You will understand that I cant tell you all about the Tech'n EZ techniques aka Marissa's technique ;) and due to my changed color perception I changed the technique a bit and threw in a some monochrome technique not much but just enough to be able to see what I am doing :) and that is the only thing I can give away
Thanks Ronald I understand mate.

Theres one etac supplier in the US.

Well I don't understand at all Ronald, i think you should be telling us every little technique you know :)

You cheeky little monkey;):)lol but if you can take around twenty seconds out of your busy schedule I'll tell you all the little techniques I knowlollollol

Theres one etac supplier in the US.

Luckily for us in Holland there are like millions, we can get e-tac, we can get e-tac FX, we can get e-tac Marissa, hell we can even get e-tac tic tac, the Dutch are fortunately so into their art that everything is available here, I once went into a shop at the corner of my street and they even had chalk and pencils and charcoal, and that was just the greengrocer

You can not get Marissa E'tac EFX from a US distributor. Foxy Studio is the sole distributor world wide. They even supply Airbrush and Paint in the UK.

Back