Etac paints question

retiredgarnham

Triple Actioner
So here's the thing. I'm totally fed up with Createx illustration paint. I see that there's quite a few of you guys and gals that use the ETAC range. Advice please, if you could. I almost always paint on canvas so do I go for the EFX colours or the Private stock? I also solely use transparent apart from white, so recommendations please.

I’ve edited the title, you may get some more answers.
I know the frustration with Createx, especially when it’s your first paint system. It can seem an uphill battle getting it dialled in, but that is the challenge and all you want to do is to learn how to airbrush, not fight with your paint .....
Early in my journey I bought Etac EFX - wow ! Night and day!
Once I used the ETAC my confidence grew, my experience grew and my painting technique improved. once I knew how the a rush was supposed to perform, using the createx became easier as I knew what consistency and PSI I needed. Don’t give up until the Createx, but a couple of small bottles of primary ETAC and play away - cleaning up after Etac is a breeze

from memory PS is aimed more at hard surface applications and EFX at art surfaces

You won’t regret it Husky, I don’t think I’ve seen anyone that didn’t like Etac. Maybe @Mr.Micron ?

ETAC is great for illustration board and Clayboard. If you plan on using Yupo or Synthetic paper, it’s terrible.

I liked the flow of ETAC, but when it comes to versatility, you can’t beat Createx Illustration in my opinion.

@huskystafford the TNT range from etac is for the US market only and cant be bought out side the US if you look for a T shirt paint from Etac you need the Private Stock this paint is made for T shirt use but it can also be used on any other surface
I seen private stock in eu stores, so I can get them. Thank you. I would probably search for TNT like crazy without success lol

@huskystafford I could confuse you with a bunch of info about Etac paints but I wont , if you have any questions about the paint just shoot me a message
I am just in a process of googling if I can find store in Austria with Etac. I can't get Etac in my country and Austria is country next to ours. I need to get some paints. Today I used all of my yellow, when I was mixing green. So I need to do some refill and I could also try Etac.

I was trying to get those colors:
hulk za vector magic.jpg

end result was this....

WP_20191113_003.jpg

And I run out of yellow color :laugh:

So my t-shirt is waiting :D

WP_20191113_004.jpg

Dang, sometimes I am so naive... Maybe I should start learning transparent paints. Seems like it would be much cheaper. lol

It’s great paint and smells awesome! Some unique colours too, the private stock is opaque and the Efx is more transparent, I don’t think all the efx is true transparent but you will figure them out! The flow improver is brilliant

Its very easy paint to use, I had never used it until i did the colour portrait class and I brought a set of EFX straight away. I have got some Private Stock and that was better for hard surfaces. Probably no good now as its really old but I haven't checked it for a while.

Lee

Its very easy paint to use, I had never used it until i did the colour portrait class and I brought a set of EFX straight away. I have got some Private Stock and that was better for hard surfaces. Probably no good now as its really old but I haven't checked it for a while.

Lee
Lee that paint should be fine if stored at room temp , I have PS and EFX paints that are over 10 years old and still in perfect conditions

Back