etac the colors that marissa uses

airbrushingferret

Air-Valve Autobot!
ok i gave com art a try love it to bad i wood have to order allot i used most on my latest portrait and tried spectra also highly recommended but now after watching that short clip of our very attractive and talented marissa do that lovely very photographic portrait i wood like to give etac a go just putting this out there the only thing i dont like about com art is that because it only comes in 1 oz bottles and its already thinned its like only buying a half oz of wicked and by the time i finish 1 large portrait taking into account for mistakes i can use a whole kit but due to its clog free performance and the ability to shoot ultra fine lined the above complaints are not bad at a ll. i can order several kits say flesh tone and i dont even need to do that come tio think i made a nice flesh base oot of raw sienna touladikadien red and white ok il stop babbling just want any opinions i feel my portrait work is good enough for the best paint possible

The only disappointment with Etac is the £7.19 post and packing for a 1 oz bottle of paint.

It's wonderful paint, but i'm sticking with com art for now it sprays just as nicely, only real difference is the finish isn't as smooth as the Etac.

Etacs a good paint m8 so no doubt you'll find it nice to paint with..it has its own learning curve initially with getting your reductions and pressure right but it will produce some awesome results no doubt as you've seen in Marissa's work..(Visual realm also uses it in most of his works and we all know how well he can do with it)..My only complaint with it is like many specialized AB paints it ain't the cheapest (Compared to other brands I buy that come in 500 ml bottles,about 16 oz for about $25-30 each) and yer the bottles also seem a touch small,especially if ya like mixing your own colors..being that it can be very heavily reduced it may last ya a little longer than some other brands though with similar bottle sizes..GL

Not sure where you get your paint from, but Comart can be purchased in 1, 4, 16 and 32 oz. bottles. You can even buy it by the gallon if you want. The expense is significant if you purchase all of the colors available, but realistically one only needs the primary colors (red, blue & yellow) along with white and black (I also recommend keeping a violet on hand, you can't mix a rich violet with red and blue from some brands). With a basic understanding of color theory, you can create any color in the spectrum with this basic palette.

i have to look into that were can i get com art in larger bottles chicogo only has 1 oz

I started off with 1oz bottles and if I see I use alot of a certain colour, I switch to 4oz. I don't have space to go bigger. Like Wicked said, they come in 1, 4, 16 and 32 oz bottles.

i feel my portrait work is good enough for the best paint possible

The grass isn't always greener m8..Sometimes I think its a really good to stick with one solution for awhile and learn its ins and outs, otherwise things will become expensive for you. Every airbrush and paint has its own positives and negatives, buying different brands won't always mean it will create better paintings, that comes with time and practice. Have a look at artworks by artists using the different brands, I'm sure you'll see both really good results and some lesser results, all the brands you mentioned have their own learning curve, reduction needs, pressure needs etc but when figured out they would probably all be able to create the results your looking for..Av fun m8 and GL..:)

i think il stik to com etac looks very expencive i placed an order yesterday only had 2oz flesh 2oz wht and about 10 other colors in 1oz ang the order came out to almost 100 so i didnot place it

The price is well worth it. You would be amazed at how much etac can be reduced. You can turn a 1oz bottle into almost a 4oz bottle. It's a great system by a great company.

The price is well worth it. You would be amazed at how much etac can be reduced. You can turn a 1oz bottle into almost a 4oz bottle. It's a great system by a great company.

E'tac seems like I would have to have various smoking glass beakers, and flasks and other chemistry equipment in a laboratory, to mix it. I think I'll stick to Wicked. I like the results I get with it, and while some colours are better than others, I know how to cope with them, it's better the devil you know. And E'tac seems like an expensive experiment, if I then decide I don't want to be a chemist, Lol!

What's this talk about being some technical chemical wizard to use E'tac?

I take it out of the bottle, thin with water and use. Although, I am gonna get some of the new createx illustration paint.

What's this talk about being some technical chemical wizard to use E'tac?

I take it out of the bottle, thin with water and use. Although, I am gonna get some of the new createx illustration paint.

Probably my mistake then, I read a few reviews and it all seemed fairly complicated with all the different elements that can be used with it, and as I can't remember my own name half the time, remembering when to use what all seemed a bit too much of an effort. So either I got it wrong, or read some bad reviews, still think it's a bit pricey for me though.

I have been using Marissa Etac for a while, I ran out of flesh tone, when I went to order more they said they don’t sell singles or would split a pack so I was told the flesh in the grex was the same but I can tell you it isn’t but I do like it, as I use up my Etac I think I will start to drift over to the grex unless they start doing single in the Marissa Etac Limited Edition, I think when you buy a paint set it would pay to see if you can get singles for when you need replacements………

One other thing is I only ever use distilled water to thin any paint that I use Etac, golden, Fw inks, when painting on canvas I seal mywork when finished with a lacquer.

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
supplies

I have been using Marissa Etac for a while, I ran out of flesh tone, when I went to order more they said they don’t sell singles or would split a pack so I was told the flesh in the grex was the same but I can tell you it isn’t but I do like it, as I use up my Etac I think I will start to drift over to the grex unless they start doing single in the Marissa Etac Limited Edition, I think when you buy a paint set it would pay to see if you can get singles for when you need replacements………

One other thing is I only ever use distilled water to thin any paint that I use Etac, golden, Fw inks, when painting on canvas I seal mywork when finished with a lacquer.

Tony

Hi Tony & all
Marissa single botts will be available soon, to support any colours from her sets.

With regards to postage as some mentioned earlier, yes the cart automatically places minimum carriage on, BUT there is a statement right on the opening page saying,

Delivery price
... this is added at a 'base' rate, however, should you only require a single item or small order please phone or email & we can adjust the delivery costs manually to the most economical dispatch rate.

And we are very happy to do that.......so a single bott could go first class for minimum postage.!!

Also GREX IS ETAC....its just being distributed wordwide by GREX under a license from Bill at ETAC......same production, 2 ranges 'Private Stock' & 'EFX'.........see Etac-uk site for details. there is confusion with labelling but as products start to emerge more & more in Europe they will all be under one label eventually.
Always just give me a call, I'm always happy to help were I can.

As soon as the single botts arrive they will be on the cart site, I'll try to post a notice here.
If there is also any confusion regarding use please call, the modifiers are just that........to use on there own just use bott water to dilute, Mods' are only there to add extra qualities IF REQUIRED
Pete

P.S. look out in January for a antastic NEW range from Etac !! :smile-new:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

That is my concern buying any paint that comes in sets. Over here they even sell the Golden Airbrush colours in sets only. And like with you, what if you run out of a specific colour. I'm on my second bottle of black and white and my blue and yellow is untouched. But I will will get a set of Marissa's none the less when I go over.

My bad on the postage costs Pete, I linked to your site directly onto the Etac page and saved that one in my faves, so have never actually seen the homepage.
I will be in touch about ordering some more now I know, thanks for clearing that up.
Kind regards
Adam

AndreZA......please see my previous comment which now sorts this situation........hope we can help.

Pete

Back