E'tac Who uses it and why?

Strictly Attitude

Air-Valve Autobot!
I just send a long letter to E'tac as I am thinking of switching over to there paint system as I am becoming more unhappy with the current line I am using as I am working on my current F1 fine art piece. I am interested in who is using there line and what they like and dislike about it. Also how it compares to wicked paint and other water borne water based paint systems out there. All opinions are welcome but please back up with reason. Thank you all.

John ,
I did give E'tac a go , Love the way it sprayed just hated feeling like a chemist to mix it up, Flow extender and such.,
I have just tried the new illustration paint from Createx and you might want to have a look at it too. Dru Blair helped in the development of it, Should be just what you are looking for.plus straight out the bottle it will go through a .15 needle set up.

Do not get me wrong E'tac is great paint just not what I was looking for.

John ,
I did give E'tac a go , Love the way it sprayed just hated feeling like a chemist to mix it up, Flow extender and such.,
I have just tried the new illustration paint from Createx and you might want to have a look at it too. Dru Blair helped in the development of it, Should be just what you are looking for.plus straight out the bottle it will go through a .15 needle set up.

Do not get me wrong E'tac is great paint just not what I was looking for.

Yeah I saw that but am unsure on it right now I am am not the happiest camper with createx right now there paint seems to muddy up real easy when spraying over other colors

Yep i bought E'tac carbon black and sepia transparent this weekend. The black from Smincke didn't flow that well, but the E'tac black flows far better.
The sepia is good too, but it's like you spraying sweet chewing gum. There 's a very sweety smell when you're spraying, but that's fine by me.

Yeah I saw that but am unsure on it right now I am am not the happiest camper with createx right now there paint seems to muddy up real easy when spraying over other colors

That is more a waterbase issue than just ceatex, But e'tac is a good brand and hopefully they will send you a sample to try, Spectra tex does the same thing if I try to layer to many colors ,
And other than I just did not like trying to remember what to add to get the results I wanted , I do still use it from time to time depending on what I am painting.

Mmmm, my two cents..

Pro's-Luv the small of the stuff LOL,Colors are vibrant, very reducable, have good coverage.(Unless extremely reduced and then start acting like transparents..I have the opaques) so its handy to over-reduce and spray an opaque as a transparent would spray. Can be used at quite low pressures. Fine line and detail easy to spray without too much tip dry.Lots of room to move with them with their AG modifiers and extra additives that can be utilized.Erasable (With the right set), can be watered down fine..additives not really needed, great customer support and did I mention they smell really nice LOL

Cons-Bit expensive compared to the brand I usually use but on par with many other "airbrush ready" paints. If you mix a lot of your own colors you can use one of the small bottles real quick but like most paint systems you can buy bigger bottles. I don't erase a lot in my work but can see the benefits. Using the FX series (of the top of my head I think their the erasable ones) I found the paint tacky on the surface and seemed to take longer to dry, especially when coating over a previous layer (May have been my fault, was trying the reducer and maybe added to much. Sometimes feels as theres too much you can do with them (With additives etc) assuming you play with such there is a decent learning curve attached to suit needs.. Used them on foamcore with a really bright/slick surface and they seemed not to sit well on such, the paint/pigment seemed to gather if that makes sense, on water color paper they worked beautifully, haven't tried on metal or other surfaces. Also found with the FX it tends to have really oversprayed edges on finer detail work (and can appear a bit grainy), the pro series didn't seem to suffer as much in this regard but again thats likely because I like to spray at higher pressures and generally use a 0.3 set-up..

Cnt think of anything else atm...

Trying to be fair on both sides of the coin..I recently got some Spectra and must admit I enjoy this more than Etac but thats probably down to the way I like to paint..Certainally not saying its a bad brand, its well worth trying and some artists get a fantastic result with them, give them a whirl as paint is as personal as our guns and it may really suit your needs..GL :)

How do you guys think I should wait to hear back from E'tac I emailed us airbrush yesterday and E'tac this morning.

John

"Be good or be good at it"

good info i to am starting to use spectra infact i might be mixing some flesh tone all i have is the basic set primarys i bought a botle of moss green also i am thinking of etac but i dont want or need 5 or 6 difrant paint systems that cant be inter mixed i had an idea today and called badger and spoke to thee paint guy forgot name but he said spectra should not be mixed wit badger air opaque so now i have createx ,wicked, comart, spectra. air opaque and neither can be inter mixed altho they are all acrylic. confused i think im sufering from airbrush paint brand anxiety they should come up with a medical term for it etac might seem expensive but whats going to go further 1oz of com art or badger air opaque both in 1oz ready thined bottles or a 1oz bottle of etac that can be reduced and become 2oz or more of paint i dont know the reduction percentage of com art other thain watching svees litle demonsration on u tube were he demonstrates fine detail with waterbase paint he seems to reduce it quite a bit com art is inexpencive but after doing prety face i am almost out and i hve tried to mix it with spectra tex white it seemed to work it isnt rocket science its water color paint the water is a vehicle for the pigment once sprayed it dries almost instantly its not like spraying laquer over enamel or acrylic with epoxy that is not possible but back to the topic i am thinking seriously of trying etac the new createx paints may have some talent backing them up but in 2 months from now i dont want 10 difrant paint brands on my air brushing work bench by the way i to noticed a sweet smell but with com art wonder if itas becaus it heas the same stuf as etac hey what about trident....JUST KIDDING

Still waiting for a reply from E'tac wonder if there email system is messed up just would think they would be a little quicker to answer back some one who is talking bout purchasing there whole system not just one or two bottles.

Still waiting for a reply from E'tac wonder if there email system is messed up just would think they would be a little quicker to answer back some one who is talking bout purchasing there whole system not just one or two bottles.

Being we just had a holiday and this is "Cyber Monday", I would assume they are running behind... Might give it another day or so...

Try calling them m8, I've heard their very helpful and don't mind a good chat on the phone, may cut a few days wait out..

Ok has any one had any luck sending an email to E'tac? I sent them an email two weeks ago through there web site and have not had any reply. I will call them if must be but feel cutomer service is one of the things I look for in a company. If I have a problem some times it's easier for me to just send an email than hop on the phone.​

What are you asking from E'tac.. because I have a feeling you would get much better response emailing these guys.
USAirbrush. A Southern Company For A Global Community

That's who I bought my E'tac from.
So far I have enjoyed the E'tac I've used, but I do have some Black and White createx ill. paint sitting here begging to be used. I believe the Createx white will outdo the E'tac, just from what Dru has said about it. E'tac white in his tests was one of the worst for covering power.

Etac's a small company and the best way to contact them is by phone. It's a great paint but the additives seem to make you over think it. Your best additive for it is plain water. Their AG additive can actually be used with any water based paint. With just a few drops per ounce, it give a almost uro coat to it. There's a vid on YouTube that shows how much abuse it can take. Now, I'm no pro by any means but I have used createx, auto air and spectratex. I find a lot less tip dry with it. I have reduced it down as much as 15:1. I do agree that the white does not cover as well as other whites. I haven't had any problem mixing other water based paints with Etac. I would suggest trying out one of their 1 ounce sets since you can easily turn it into a 2 or even a 3 ounce set. Sorry for being long winded. Good luck

Back