Evolution leaking paint

R

rick

hi guys,

so i was working happily on my comp piece, coming along really nice, and i noticed the evolution kept clogging up with wicked detail white (not pressure or thinning problems) so i stopped to take a look and i saw that the white paint leaked out the reservoir to the back and came out around the trigger making a real mess. Since its also spraying less good than before i thought it would be a better idea to stop and ask it.

Its a .15 evolution

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359282843517.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359282843517.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359282853265.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359282853265.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 23
  • uploadfromtaptalk1359282868650.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359282868650.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 24
I have had that too Rick, and with the same airbrush, in my case I discovered a tiny amount of hard paint in deep in the nozzle and a ring of dried paint around the nozzle cap, this cased air and paint to be forced backwards into the trigger housing just as here, I think it's also possible that your trigger housing seal is a little looser than it needs to be.

I would suggest stripping it down and a meticulous cleaning (grote beurt) paying attention deep into the nozzle and inside of the cap.

I had all kinds of problems with my Evolution and I've discovered that because the nozzle is so long compared to my other brushes I wasn't getting in deep enough to clean it, and even though I though it was clean, that just wasn't the case.

I hope you get it sorted, it's too expensive a toy to have this happen, it looks like a bomb site on the photos, but it's not as bad as it looks, lol

just cleaned it good, alot of gunk trapped in the nozzle, flushed it through with cleaner afterwards and now its laying in my ultrasonic cleaner, thx mad

just cleaned it good, alot of gunk trapped in the nozzle, flushed it through with cleaner afterwards and now its laying in my ultrasonic cleaner, thx mad

No problem, keep us posted:encouragement:

u where right mad, that was the prob, im back to shooting hair lines now, thx!

u where right mad, that was the prob, im back to shooting hair lines now, thx!

Excellent, I'm glad you got it sorted, mine is easier to maintain now that I take that crazy long nozzle into account, I hated it at the start but now it's a super brush.

No thanks necessary, we are all her to keep each other pumping out masterpieces, lol, and good luck with the comp.

iv had that hapen i think it could also be the needle bearing also curious what comp piece is there a competition going some were ? i would also try cleaning it it could be some dried paint some were

iv had that hapen i think it could also be the needle bearing also curious what comp piece is there a competition going some were ? i would also try cleaning it it could be some dried paint some were

Its from another forum, don't think its appropriate to post other forums here but if u want i can pm u, its a valentines comp.

Back