Exoerience with AERO COLOR Profesional?

S

silversson

Hello all,

Anyone of you have experience with Scmicke Aero Color?
They seem to be widely sold here in Germany but I see no mention of this in the forum?

The bottles come with a handy Pipette to drop drops of paint into you gun :)

Anyhows I'm a rookie and my set came with a few bottles of these...

No I have not heard of it but how about an introduction?
Okay your a rookie , and you live in the Germany I take it???
But what else , Airbrushes used , how long you been airbrushing??

They are not only widely sold but I think also widely used. I used them aswell and was always happy with them. They are perfectly suited for a rookie too since they are easy to reduce and work with.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Never used them. The Etac I have been using lately has the dropper tops and they are awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I,ve have used nothing else, great paint, but almost impossible to erase.

No I have not heard of it but how about an introduction?
Okay your a rookie , and you live in the Germany I take it???
But what else , Airbrushes used , how long you been airbrushing??

Yeah :) Where are my manners...

So yes I live in Berlin Germany and got myself a airbrush set for Christmas :)
I got a Iwata Eclipse Type HP-CS as I did a short of research and it was a good general purpose airbrush. Like it so far. Could do with one with smaller nozzle and needle.

I am practicing illustrations and do quite a bit of scale model building. For that I got a set of Vallejo paints.

So yeah a noob :)

Yes noticed that too. Have you found any good way of erasing them other then eating through the paper :)

Another thing that is an issue is the paper. Schollershammer is the best for airbrushing, lucky for you it's made in your country, so should be easy to find. Look for the airbrush specific. This is not to say that the Schminke will erase on this paper. Just some papers and illustration board do not do well with the eraser techniques.

U
Another thing that is an issue is the paper. Schollershammer is the best for airbrushing, lucky for you it's made in your country, so should be easy to find. Look for the airbrush specific. This is not to say that the Schminke will erase on this paper. Just some papers and illustration board do not do well with the eraser techniques.

If it,s difficult on wood, I think it will be difficult on board too.

Ok good to know MB. Never used it. I just know when doing erasing techniques with other papers and boards i was having issues. So I sucked it up and got the Schollershammer paper, what a difference.

I use it all the time and have for years, its my main paint. Dick Blick in the USA sells it though it is expensive. You can thin it out a lot with water and airbrush medium and it is still vibrant. Certain colors need to be thinned a bit to spray well through small nozzle sizes. It has a great color range. My experience has been if you apply it light it erases just as easy as most other acrylics but if on your support for a while it is more difficult to erase. Its a versatile paint that can be used on a lot of surfaces with the proper prep. I painted this with it.12.jpg
John

I use it all the time and have for years, its my main paint. Dick Blick in the USA sells it though it is expensive. You can thin it out a lot with water and airbrush medium and it is still vibrant. Certain colors need to be thinned a bit to spray well through small nozzle sizes. It has a great color range. My experience has been if you apply it light it erases just as easy as most other acrylics but if on your support for a while it is more difficult to erase. Its a versatile paint that can be used on a lot of surfaces with the proper prep. I painted this with it.View attachment 25478
John

It is indeed harder to erase or even scratch if it has been sitting for a long time, but if it hasn't been heat set or force dried you can re-wet it with a damp cloth which seems to re-constitute it, there is a long haired cat in my gallery which lay for five moths untouched, by holding it over a steaming kettle I was able to continue it to get it finished.

Here in Holland they are fairly cheap, I bought the three primary colours and black and white in 250 ml bottles at €17.50 a piece, the smaller 28 ml bottles work out more expensive at €5 a piece, as you say despite being pre-thinned the brighter colours definitely need more thinning.

Very nice painting by the way, and nice texture too, lol

Any ratios for thinning, that anyone would like to share? I just got a set of Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, White, and Black. I have been apprehensive about spraying any of it as I am more well versed in spraying ink.

I am also in Germany and this stuff is easily available at around 7€ a bottle. Not cheap but not crazy either. I do worry that I will like it though as I have only seen about 12 colors
Available and I already have half.

I use schmincke, too and i'm happy with them. Thinning depends on what you like to achieve. Right now i use black thinned 1 to 8 with water for , what i call detail work ;) Give it a try. If you like to do a bigger surface you might go crazy with this reduction

I am going to try 8 to 1 with water and let you know how it goes. Does it clean out well with water or should I use something like window cleaner being that it is acrylic.

They were the first paints I got with my Airbrush Kit but I didn't like them, even mixing with Aero Medium I couldn't get them to spray well. As a beginner then, I found the Tip-dry too frustrating but I was using a 0.2mm airbrush so you will probably do better with your HP-CS 0.35mm. It sounds like I should have used more water in the mix but I was following their instructions which was to not reduce more than 20% with water.

In the end I tried a few different paints before I found Com-Art which most people on this forum will know is my main paint of choice and is great for many techniques including erasing. The Schmincke paints could be useful if I want to put down a non erasable background and then use Com-Art on top :)

I got two bottles of Aerocolor over a year ago and still have not used it in a picture. After reading this thread I decided to see how it work in a Micron. So I took the Brilliant red, reduced it about 1:5 (paint:water) and sprayed. It comes out very nicely. Goo coverage even at that reduction. It will never cover a dark colour but I have not came across any red that will. Here is a sample of it compared to Wicked red.

red_sample.jpg

I gave mine a little try today. The black is pretty great thinned out about 5-1 or 10-1. I used it both ways and quite enjoyed it. The other colors seem ok, although the white seems terrible. Mine may be a bad bottle though, it has some chunks or clots of paint floating in it.

Back