Eye tutorial and Micro Shapes?

T

tljbcrew

I was watching Mitch's youtube vid of the eye tutorial. I tried to search and do a little homework before posting but was still a tad confused on what micro textures/shapes were. I get obviously micro are very small lines? I did read the explanation of the wrinkles as well and it talked about using the hand as a stencil. Are they really just random small lines going in different directions? Trying to wrap my head around this one. Maybe I am making it way to complicated. I tend to do that. ; )

Anyway any advice would be awesome. 50 degrees today in Kansas City, perfect excuse to stay inside and airbrush.

Thanks for the quick response Micron. I saw that one and have done some practice. I thought the micro shape he referenced was different than the figure 8. At 1:40 of this video he mentions it as micro shapes rather than figure 8. Then after that go over it with the figure 8.
I was trying to watch his hand to get a good idea what he was doing but it was hard for me to see.

1:40 here --> Airbrushing the eye 2

Thanks for the quick response Micron. I saw that one and have done some practice. I thought the micro shape he referenced was different than the figure 8. At 1:40 of this video he mentions it as micro shapes rather than figure 8. Then after that go over it with the figure 8.
I was trying to watch his hand to get a good idea what he was doing but it was hard for me to see.

1:40 here --> Airbrushing the eye 2
Micro shapes are mainly all the little line in your skin So little zig zag lines funky shapes and figure 8 ,
Take a look at you hand right now , See and the little micro lines in it. see how the light only hits in random place that is pretty much micron shapes ,, Texture to give it a more realistic look.

Hey tl, a shape is a collection of normally two or more airbrush effects to replicate a small part of the image. If an image has 150 airbrush effects then there are probably around 50 shapes. When u find an area of small texture that can't be created with one airbrush effect, then you must creat small shapes (multiple effects). This is what I refer I as micro shapes. U really just look for shapes and decide which effects you'll use to create them.
Hope this makes more sense.

I am following you guys now. Fantastic! Practicing right now. I am goign to give some wrinkles a try. I think a picture of my crows feet ought to do it. haha

Thanks so much everyone!

Keep trying, and don't forget to add the shadows and highlights to the wrinkles that really gives them some depth! You'll get it!

Back