Face Mask

I don't have a mask and never felt I needed one for the type of painting I do. I think during a paint session I release less air and fluid into the air then when I put deodorant on in the morning and I don't use a mask then either. I do want to get a good industrial type for when I will be using spraycans as I am planning to do.

I agree that always wearing a mask is important, even if you use waterbased paints. Lately the paint technology is revolutionizing, particles get smaller and smaller improving flow and preventing tip dry. I'm not sure yet but I think they are already in the nanosize range, and there are quite a lot of studies showing that your lungs could react negatively to such materials. There are a lot of unknowns here, but it is probably NOT only the organic vapours that can be bad for your health.......

And when not in use, take filter(s) off the mask and store in sealed plastic bag (preferably vacuumed) to maintain filter quality.

Arty...thanks for the thread. I see, now, there are plenty of good choices available. And also, many good reasons to get in the habit of wearing one.

Arty...thanks for the thread. I see, now, there are plenty of good choices available. And also, many good reasons to get in the habit of wearing one.

Wearing a mask, a painting smock, rubber gloves and carrying a scalpel when opening the door to a nuisance caller is always a good use.

Wearing a mask, a painting smock, rubber gloves and carrying a scalpel when opening the door to a nuisance caller is always a good use.

Add some spilt red ink to the smock and they'll run faster !!

Use a filter mask now or an oxygen mask later ..... Sometimes the choice is easy !!

wooot woot - mine arrived today :)
wore it while doing some graffiti work :0 coudlnt smell the paint at all - until i forgot to put mask on at one point :) definitely worth the investment.
I would recommend the right ones for urethanes though.

edit : review to follow :)

Back