Faskolor Paint's

S

SaxTecc05

Anyone familiar with Faskolor paint? I got the opportunity to buy like 115 bottle's of this brand for Maximum 200 euro and it comes with a rack to put them all in also.
But i never heard of anyone using it here....so i start to think for a reason that this is not the case. However it seems like a good opportunity to get this many bottles of paint ( 61 pieces are new still ) I Appreciate any feedback on this.

Alex.

If I am not mistaken Faskolor paint is design for RC cars , aka a water based plastic paint. On a couple other forums I am on a few people use it who paint nothing but RC cars .
They love the stuff But I myself have never tried it.

I've used it, works good on metals too. Used black and pearl purple adhered great. Its thick, but as the directions say it's ready for air brush, and you are suppose to spray between 40 and 70 psi. So detailed work could be tough. I just used them for my background on my Minnasota Vikings project. I did a black base, the the purple over it.

Dylan

I've used it, works good on metals too. Used black and pearl purple adhered great. Its thick, but as the directions say it's ready for air brush, and you are suppose to spray between 40 and 70 psi. So detailed work could be tough. I just used them for my background on my Minnasota Vikings project. I did a black base, the the purple over it.

Dylan

Your absolutely correct, but working on model cars and such, usually involves extensive masking and a setting out instead of freehand, states in the info in the link above that you can not add more than a teaspoon of water per bottle, so I think it would be useless for portraits and stuff, over thinning is definitely not an option.

Yeah, I just used it to paint. 1' by 2' area. Worked really good.

Dylan

Hello Sax,

I have used Faskolor a lot, and used almost all the types of paint: normal, fasluscent etc... I have only used it for RC bodies, not for paper, so I cant tell you how it 'sticks', but for Lexan (plastic) it works superb!

You can spray them just out of the bottle, no need for thinning, but if you want to spray some details, you can thin them with fasthinner (from faskolor).

Here is a link with some example bodies I have painted:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2724593748271.146883.1059930241&type=3

To me, these paints are just great, and knowing what I know, I think they are suited for paper as well.

Anyway, for the price you don't have to leave them, it's a cheap rack, because loose bottles are quickly from 5 to 7 euro's!

Anyway, for the price you don't have to leave them, it's a cheap rack, because loose bottles are quickly from 5 to 7 euro's!

Thats what i was thinking also....but my main worry would be indeed if its useable on more surfaces then just RC bodies...then again....i could always sell the most of it again if it turns out that i got no use for it.And maybe with a little profit.

That's true, if you don't like it or you can't use them, the chanses are pretty big you can sell it afterwards!

Back