Fatten your grip

AndreZA

Air-Valve Autobot!
The air valve on my airbrush felt a little thin to me so I saw if I could fatten it up a bit.

I had one of those silicon grips you put around a pencil for better grip and gave it a bash. It did not fit flush and was too long. So I trimmed it and voila.

iwata_grip_sml.jpgiwata_04_sml.jpg

Very very clever, and not only a better grip, but also less chance of it slipping out your hand, landing on the stone floors damaging needle, nozzle and cap in one foul sweep.

And what's even better, another one of your ideas I get to copy, lol

Our airbrushes look an awful similar, same glob of glue and pencil covers on bottom, except mine are fluorescent with metal flakes in them, lol! I keep forgetting to put mine back on when I clean them!

Josh

also I have seen people put them between the trigger and the paint cup for a more grippy grip!

Copy away Madbrush. That's why we here, to learn from each other.

Seamonkey, I actually want to make a Mojo III one out of hot glue. Cover the gun in cling wrap and start building.

Thats a great idea! Thanks, I will implement this one for sure! I saw on another forum someone posted about some SUGRU. Anyone heard of it? Looks to be pretty versatil, thinking of trying some of it for my triggers!!! They have a website www dot sugru dot com, and no, Im not a salesman for them either, just wondering if anyone here has tried their product? Watch the video on their site, looks like it may come in pretty handy, not just with airbrushes but with everything around the house. I just wonder how hard it is to get off if you need too? Anywhoo, if anyones ever used it let me know. I have some of these cushions youre using on your brushes, I gotta try it! Thanks again

Copy away Madbrush. That's why we here, to learn from each other.

Seamonkey, I actually want to make a Mojo III one out of hot glue. Cover the gun in cling wrap and start building.

Lol, that I would love to see!! You could drop it and it would bounce rite back to your hand!!

Josh

Lol, that I would love to see!! You could drop it and it would bounce rite back to your hand!!

Josh

LOL! no man, not the whole gun. Only the bits around the air valve so that the glue can be removed once it is hard. You want the grip to be removable for cleaning purposes.

But that Sugru stuff looks good. Just a bit expensive.

Putting rubber on your tool for a better grip, bouncing your tool on the floor ...... Wrapping it in cling film !!!!! ?

I'm backing out of this thread vewy vewy qwietwy.........

Putting rubber on your tool for a better grip, bouncing your tool on the floor ...... Wrapping it in cling film !!!!! ?

I'm backing out of this thread vewy vewy qwietwy.........

When you put it like that, it does indeed start to become just a tad suspicious, LOL

Okay, this was not such a great idea. As soon as a little moisture gets between the silicon and gun, the silicon starts spinning around and you loose control. Maybe a spongy one, that can absorb moisture, will work better.

I'm still going to try and build one out of hot glue though.

I used two pieces rubber gas line on badger one between the paint cup and trigger and one on the air valve

Sugru is great Russ, played with some at "the gadget show" a couple of years ago. ..not sure how removable it would be or if it's solvent proof tho...

Nikki

what a brilliant IDEA non slip grip i might try this for better control thanks mate

Back