Feeding Issue

S

Slartibartfast

Hello! After going through countless guides and troubleshooting posts, I can't seem to fix my issue. I'm very grateful for any help.

I am using a Conrad Electronic Airbrush (medium/low price range) with gravity feed double action airbrush and a electric compressor with no storage tank. 0.3mm nozzle and 10-40 psi preassure

I've been having issues with getting even flow of paint from the airbrush, and it seems to happen even with excessive thinning and increase in pressure. I normally get an OK flow the first 10-15 seconds, but then the flow decreases even on constant paint feed setting (and the air flow seems constant). I've observed that by moving the paint feeder it normally increases again. I even observe this with only water. I've tried cleaning the needle, and used the needle to clear out any remaining paint from the feed to the nozzle, but without much luck. The preassure from the compressor seems very stable. I also get some spitting of paint/water when moving the paint feeder. I am using acrylic paint with water as thinner.

I've used the airbrush for 2 days, and the problem seem to be getting worse. I managed to paint fairly good lines with not too much feeding problem at first, but I did have some problems with getting paint out on a low psi and feed setting (but the paint I used then was quite thick).

I'm using (or planning to use) it for scale model painting, so I don't need it to be perfect, but at the current state it's absolutely useless, anyone got any tips? I'm assuming it's a nozzle or pathway from feed to nozzle related problem, but I do not know how to clean this (apart from with the needle)

Thanks!

Im no pro, so take my advice for what you will, I had the same issues when I first began airbrushing. Im not familiar with your setup, but do you have a water trap on your system? Moisture in the line could cause the spitting. One other option is to strain your paint. Just a few things Ive done that helped me out! Good Luck, Im sure others will throw out some other tricks of the trade.

Hello! After going through countless guides and troubleshooting posts, I can't seem to fix my issue. I'm very grateful for any help.

I am using a Conrad Electronic Airbrush (medium/low price range) with gravity feed double action airbrush and a electric compressor with no storage tank. 0.3mm nozzle and 10-40 psi preassure

I've been having issues with getting even flow of paint from the airbrush, and it seems to happen even with excessive thinning and increase in pressure. I normally get an OK flow the first 10-15 seconds, but then the flow decreases even on constant paint feed setting (and the air flow seems constant). I've observed that by moving the paint feeder it normally increases again. I even observe this with only water. I've tried cleaning the needle, and used the needle to clear out any remaining paint from the feed to the nozzle, but without much luck. The preassure from the compressor seems very stable. I also get some spitting of paint/water when moving the paint feeder. I am using acrylic paint with water as thinner.

I've used the airbrush for 2 days, and the problem seem to be getting worse. I managed to paint fairly good lines with not too much feeding problem at first, but I did have some problems with getting paint out on a low psi and feed setting (but the paint I used then was quite thick).

I'm using (or planning to use) it for scale model painting, so I don't need it to be perfect, but at the current state it's absolutely useless, anyone got any tips? I'm assuming it's a nozzle or pathway from feed to nozzle related problem, but I do not know how to clean this (apart from with the needle)

Thanks!

Post a picture of your airbrush in as good detail as possible then we can tell how take it a part, I'm assuming this is your first brush and you are in Europe, I've had stuff from Conrad too and binned it the first day.

A couple of questions, are you getting bubbles in the feed cup, and what type of compressor, make and size please, perhaps a photo of that too.

If you can't post photos, although you can't post links either, put the link here with spaces e.g. www . joblogs .com, I'll take a look at the photos and data on their website.

Here's the link:
conrad . de/ce/ de/product/206582/
?insert=U1&hk=WW2&utm_source=epro&utm_medium=seosite&utm_campaign=link&WT.mc_id=epro

I figured out how to take the nozzle of, cleaned it and that caused the majority of my feeding problem.

Is there any way to prevent the nozzle to fill up in 1 day? And I still need to check and see if it works properly with paint. Thanks for the quick replys!

And I do not have an water trap, but the air does not contain any noticeable amount of water.

Post a picture of your airbrush in as good detail as possible then we can tell how take it a part, I'm assuming this is your first brush and you are in Europe, I've had stuff from Conrad too and binned it the first day.

A couple of questions, are you getting bubbles in the feed cup, and what type of compressor, make and size please, perhaps a photo of that too.

If you can't post photos, although you can't post links either, put the link here with spaces e.g. www . joblogs .com, I'll take a look at the photos and data on their website.

Here's the link:
conrad . de/ce/ de/product/206582/
?insert=U1&hk=WW2&utm_source=epro&utm_medium=seosite&utm_campaign=link&WT.mc_id=epro

I figured out how to take the nozzle of, cleaned it and that caused the majority of my feeding problem.

Is there any way to prevent the nozzle to fill up in 1 day? And I still need to check and see if it works properly with paint. Thanks for the quick replys!

And I do not have an water trap, but the air does not contain any noticeable amount of water.

You need to filter the paint to ensure there is no hard particles, and thin the paint until it flows freely, also a water trap is handy to avoid condensation build up, this will be a problem during prolonged periods of use.

I'll check out conrad later to find out what I can about the product. I'll let you know what I find.

Yes, that's it.

But I figured out the nozzle problem.

Do I really need to filter the paint? I didn't see that in any newbie guides. And as I said, I'm only using small amounts for scale models. Thank's for the help!

Is th

If so it's hard to see the nozzle it's sittings the holder.

Yes, that's it.

But I figured out the nozzle problem.

Do I really need to filter the paint? I didn't see that in any newbie guides. And as I said, I'm only using small amounts for scale models. Thank's for the help!

If your using new paint every time in small amounts shouldn't be a problem, but if you get the same problem later, you might need to.

If you've done any models, put them up and show us what you do.

Back