Finally figured out my H&S Infinity

T

Talla

I always found my Infinity tempremental and finicky to use compared to my other airbrushes but not any more!

I decided to dedicating some quality time to cracking the infinity code and .... WOW!!!
Played around with some Createx black and different reductions (ended up at 1:1).reduced the air pressure to 10 - 15 psi and voila .... detail that was predictable and controlable. I was able to do things on a scale that I have only been able to dream about until now.
20130223_221416.jpg
The mini scull was freehand and is about 1.5 inches tall. I just wish you guys and gals could feel how im feeling at the moment it is though i have been shown the light!!

Bring on tomorrow!:triumphant:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rats Talla, can't open the attatchment, but glad that lightswitch got flicked on. Great feeling Huh?

Congrats !!!! I'm still fighting with my revolution

Its worth setting a day aside and just playing around with reductions and pressure just as I did. I'm running the infinity at such a low pressure ... 50% less than my other airbrushes.

Squishy, I have reloaded the pic .... seems as the site doesnt like uploads from my tablet.

Andy

this is what I did with my velocity, found illustration paints go through it so nicely, reduced at 1:1 and low psi im probably getting similar results to what you are getting talla! its a suprise isn't it.....you work with your brush for a while thinking thats what it does, then you really get the mix right one day, then you realise what the brush is capable of......"arrrggghhh why couldn't you of done this from day 1" you scream

this is what I did with my velocity, found illustration paints go through it so nicely, reduced at 1:1 and low psi im probably getting similar results to what you are getting talla! its a suprise isn't it.....you work with your brush for a while thinking thats what it does, then you really get the mix right one day, then you realise what the brush is capable of......"arrrggghhh why couldn't you of done this from day 1" you scream

Your right Fezley ... I couldnt believe the results its like an epiphany! I would also say that I can probably reduce the pressure a tad more as well (can still get those spidery moments if I so choose).

I've seen the light! and its chrome and red!:angel:

Oh bugger forgot to say there are 3 of them and what he does with the Infinity is cool ;)

Hi Talla i was watching a few vids from Svee and he was reducing his stuff by 200% he went through a few paint's Wicked,etac and he used an infinity as check the 3 out there great Airbrush fine detail with waterbased paint Pt1 - Auto Air - YouTube he's done some amazing stuff ;)

I had seen Svee's videos and that's what threw me for a while. Although he reduces his paint he still sprays at 30 - 35 psi according to his vids! All i got spraying at this pressure was a load of wet lumps with more spiders legs than a middle age dancer in a leotard. I'm probably down to 12 PSI now and everything seems so much better.

I had seen Svee's videos and that's what threw me for a while. Although he reduces his paint he still sprays at 30 - 35 psi according to his vids! All i got spraying at this pressure was a load of wet lumps with more spiders legs than a middle age dancer in a leotard. I'm probably down to 12 PSI now and everything seems so much better.

I watched a lot of vids before I started and then couldn't work out why it didn't work for me when I tried. I guess that's why so many people have a hard time when they start out. I spent ages searching for the "formula" of paint:reducer:air pressure, before I realised that there just wasn't one. What works for one person may not work for another, depending on conditions, equipment, how we control or set up a trigger, etc......and we all just have to play around until we hit our eureka moment! Glad you found yours, and if anyone is still looking, don't worry you'll find it, just don't be afraid to change things up and experiment.

Back