finding replacement parts for my Sata

H

hellboundhammer

I have a Satagraph 3 airbrush that was given to me by my art mentor over a year or so ago. Its an awesome brush that handles fine detail with ease! This Happens to be my favorite one out of the two I own. Recently I have been working on a paid commission, and towards the end of the deadline I ended up cracking the nozzle. (my own fault that it happened of course) :(

After thoroughly looking around on some well known search engines; Google, Yahoo, and Bing, so on and so forth. Could not manage to find any retailers that were selling replacement parts for this model of Sata. This causes a bit of concern for me seeing as I keep searching and have not been able to find anything other than some expensive repair kits. So with all this being said. Is there anyone here who has owned or currently owns a Satagraph 3 and knows where I could buy some replacement parts? Any help from the community would be extremely appreciated.
Some specs I know some people might want to know: the needle and nozzle sizes are 0.25. The only paints I run through it are well thinned waterborne acrylics and ink pigments. Autoair and Createx to be more specific.

Hey there. I moved the thread to troubleshooting, more appropriate place. Most people go along to the intro section and say Hi, who they are, what they do, that sort of thing. Helps us answer questions like this. Are you in the UK? Antarctica? Namibia... the answer is useful!

Hey there. I moved the thread to troubleshooting, more appropriate place. Most people go along to the intro section and say Hi, who they are, what they do, that sort of thing. Helps us answer questions like this. Are you in the UK? Antarctica? Namibia... the answer is useful!

Thank you for doing that! That was a large and embarrassing newbie mistake on my end. I've had an account since I started airbrushing two years ago hadn't posted forums yet so I read through the rules before doing so. Didn't realized I posted it in the rules section until it was way too late.

No worries, the mods are on the case to keep you where you'll get the most traffic :) As for your problem, https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/p...rts/id/1584/category/78/#sthash.3Ow7qoW0.dpbs is this any help? If you are US based, then the notice on the page may be a clue to your troubles. It seems from the notice on this page that they do not want the product available in the US for some reason?? A bit odd. But looks like you can get parts in the uk, maybe Canada might have some if that would be easier. @Maple Art might be able to help.

If we know which corner of the world you live in, someone might be able to hook you up if the uk is no good for you.

No worries, the mods are on the case to keep you where you'll get the most traffic :) As for your problem, https://www.spraygunsdirect.co.uk/p...rts/id/1584/category/78/#sthash.3Ow7qoW0.dpbs is this any help? If you are US based, then the notice on the page may be a clue to your troubles. It seems from the notice on this page that they do not want the product available in the US for some reason?? A bit odd. But looks like you can get parts in the uk, maybe Canada might have some if that would be easier. @Maple Art might be able to help.

If we know which corner of the world you live in, someone might be able to hook you up if the uk is no good for you.

Haha yeah its a good thing there are helpful mods here too. If there weren't any mods to help filter and give advice I'm sure the site would be quite wonky. Yikes! I currently live in the US and when I was in the market for a older German airbrush Satagraph 1,2 and the Efbe types the same problem arose. I'd probably have to import parts. I wonder why they dont want them available the US?

lol lol lol. It gets a bit wonky from time to time, but mainly because there are a few wonky members around (you know who you are). Not me of course. I am so far beyond wonky - I am practically a zig zag. :D :D

It is a bit odd, they don't want to sell to the US right now. Maybe its to do with import costs or taxes.

If @Maple Art can't help you (well worth looking them up if they don't see this here, they are super helpful), then you could try posting a new thread asking US members if they have any parts they would be willing to sell you, or pass on. I'm not sure its a real common brush over there? Could be worth a try. Otherwise you will be stuck paying European prices and shipping. Good luck.

Ask Badger. They make them.

EDIT: No sorry, Badger makes the SATA 4, not the 3.

Last edited:
Thanks @Squishy sorry guys I have been busy and haven't been around much lately :) - I must remember to come up for "air" sometimes lol . I have a couple of ideas for you @hellboundhammer will check them out tomorrow! and get back to you ASAP!

Last edited:
I found this PDF file that has the parts listed this may help you in your search at least you should be able to find the part number: https://www.sata.com/uploads/tx_pxspecialcontent/47670_Design_Guns_03.PDF

This is the USA distributer I would Contact them, often the "dealer" information listed on the websites are out of date, they should be able to at least give you information for a dealer in your area or they may even send you what you need

here is an e-mail contact: satajet(at)satausa.com or Toll free number: 800-533-8016

I found this PDF file that has the parts listed this may help you in your search at least you should be able to find the part number: https://www.sata.com/uploads/tx_pxspecialcontent/47670_Design_Guns_03.PDF

This is the USA distributer I would Contact them, often the "dealer" information listed on the websites are out of date, they should be able to at least give you information for a dealer in your area or they may even send you what you need

here is an e-mail contact: satajet(at)satausa.com or Toll free number: 800-533-8016

Thank you very much!

I have a Satagraph 3 airbrush that was given to me by my art mentor over a year or so ago. Its an awesome brush that handles fine detail with ease! This Happens to be my favorite one out of the two I own. Recently I have been working on a paid commission, and towards the end of the deadline I ended up cracking the nozzle. (my own fault that it happened of course) :(

After thoroughly looking around on some well known search engines; Google, Yahoo, and Bing, so on and so forth. Could not manage to find any retailers that were selling replacement parts for this model of Sata. This causes a bit of concern for me seeing as I keep searching and have not been able to find anything other than some expensive repair kits. So with all this being said. Is there anyone here who has owned or currently owns a Satagraph 3 and knows where I could buy some replacement parts? Any help from the community would be extremely appreciated.
Some specs I know some people might want to know: the needle and nozzle sizes are 0.25. The only paints I run through it are well thinned waterborne acrylics and ink pigments. Autoair and Createx to be more specific.
I also have a satagraph 3 goose edition, if you find any parts availability please let me know

Back