Fine dots and lines

Hello @Fish_spray I also paint fishing lures and have done quite a few in brook trout colors,With that being said are you painting small ,medium, or large (muskie sized) lures ?the easy way to do the spots is by making a stencil with a hole punch if your looking to make more then one lure,If your only looking to paint one you can use the stencils or just free hand it with your airbrush as you can go over the dots as many times as it takes to get it how you want it. Hope this helps
7519-1405312424-4708ccfe3456e2d6b5451ddb5b2af97c.jpg 7344-1403239517-df3afc781b635319413507a4e787cc3a.jpg

Last edited:
I did buy a used brush, 3 of them actually an HP-C, a 155 Anthem, a Paasche type V and an air compressor for a combined $50. I'm starting to understand why buying used is less than desirable for people who have no idea what they are doing like me. But, I'm really learning a lot and enjoying doing it. Here's the trout I started this weekend.

Brookie https://imgur.com/a/Mekso3Y

I make muskie lures, so usually between 6 and 14 inches long.

I did buy a used brush, 3 of them actually an HP-C, a 155 Anthem, a Paasche type V and an air compressor for a combined $50. I'm starting to understand why buying used is less than desirable for people who have no idea what they are doing like me. But, I'm really learning a lot and enjoying doing it. Here's the trout I started this weekend.

Brookie https://imgur.com/a/Mekso3Y

I make muskie lures, so usually between 6 and 14 inches long.
Nothing wrong with those lures

Random thing I learned today.
If you eat enough of those guys livers after a few months you'll start to be able to see in the infrared range.

Idk why you'd need to know that but I kinda want to try it.

According to experiments they did in ww2.
They fed people some kind of extract of "muskied walleye" livers ,after few months they could see in the infrared range.

Japanese did something similar and manged to double some pilots night vision ability.

All to do with vitamin A, i guess

They abandoned the experiment after the invention of night vision equipment.

That's ok, the measurements half the time have nothing to do with reality anyhow.
Eg.
Iwata
.18=.355 actual
.2= .270 actual

Generic chinese .3 =.325 actual

Chances are the first one was wore out and if the new one is for an hp-c then it's whatever they are calling .3
I am learning something new here, Robby! Very typical for Japanese manufacturers to measure the performance or features of their equipment just the way it suits them best, and advertise such ... I've seen this a lot with machine tools, for example.

I am learning something new here, Robby! Very typical for Japanese manufacturers to measure the performance or features of their equipment just the way it suits them best, and advertise such ... I've seen this a lot with machine tools, for example.
Yeah, but it's not strictly a case of optimistic specs here.
The .2 to .18 relationship makes no sense.
All I can think is some anomaly caused the .355 setup to give a finer result than the ".2" so they just named it a .18 to dumb it down for consumers.

At times it seems they named them for the radius rather than diameter . Other times it seemed they just name them as a performance relative term in comparison to what's already out.

Idk..... Who knows.

Back