fingering?

T

Tufty

I've noticed on videos that when some of you experts use the airbrush that you quickly rock your finger backwards and forwards. Is this to build up colour gradually?

I've noticed on videos that when some of you experts use the airbrush that you quickly rock your finger backwards and forwards. Is this to build up colour gradually?

I'm no expert but I think this to create small daggers and broken lines very quickly, at least what I do, usually handy for doing fur, which I don't do, lol

ahhh sorry, after reading title I thought I may be able to help hehe

I'm no expert but I think this to create small daggers and broken lines very quickly, at least what I do, usually handy for doing fur, which I don't do, lol
Ummmm, do you not do fur or do you not finger your fur??

When i'm airbrushing I hardly move my finger to be honest, unless i'm emptying the cup or going for heavy coverage I don't have to rock my finger back and forth on the trigger. Can you explain in a bit more detail what you saw and what the artist was doing at the time? This may help us explain better.

Wrong subject Fez :) Maybe next time lol

Lee

Haaa! You guys are killi'n me!! Some like no fur and some love fur some like just a little!! I guess it really boils down to personal preference!! Haaa!!

I do finger fur but not when I'm airbrushing, lol, and when I do fur on my paintings I use a hairy brush, I do use small daggers some the time and them I will fast fingering, if you get what I mean.

When i'm airbrushing I hardly move my finger to be honest, unless i'm emptying the cup or going for heavy coverage I don't have to rock my finger back and forth on the trigger. Can you explain in a bit more detail what you saw and what the artist was doing at the time? This may help us explain better.

Wrong subject Fez :) Maybe next time lol

Lee

I'm assuming tufty was referring to the quick back and forth trigger finger movement, opening and closing for paint so you you end up with broken/dotted lines or or quick successive dagger strokes.

I have to agree the thread title was maybe just a little suggestive. lol

The title was to grab your attention lol. Well I didn't expect so many with the wrong intensions.

I was watching mich on the 3rd fire vid. Look at his finger and its rocking and was wondering the reason for doing it.

Madbrush you need to control yourself as think I saw you comment about breasts earlier? Something about lying down painting! Lol

I knew this was one thread I should have not open ,, now my gut hurts from laughing so much..

Mainly it is all in how you control your brush. Short dagger strokes you rock you finger , on some artist you can not even see their fingers move on others like Mitch you can actually see the finger movement.
When I do it , It is to build the paint in one area a little slower but have it dry just a bit before the next layer.
But that is just why I do it..

I knew this was one thread I should have not open ,, now my gut hurts from laughing so much..

Mainly it is all in how you control your brush. Short dagger strokes you rock you finger , on some artist you can not even see their fingers move on others like Mitch you can actually see the finger movement.
When I do it , It is to build the paint in one area a little slower but have it dry just a bit before the next layer.

That explains it as he is using opaque / transparent mix. when I tried the free hand fire I noticed the paint built up quickly and within a fraction of a second was to thick and the air blew it and it spread. I shall try this and see if I have more control!

Are you kidding me I thought my last post was going to get me in trouble. You guys are bad.
Now on to the question at hand I don't move my TRIGGER finger to much. But I have noticed several ABers on youtube doing this I think it is just what you get use to doing. But as Mitch said in one of his vids you can use it when you are giving your work (the figure 8) style texture.

That explains it as he is using opaque / transparent mix. when I tried the free hand fire I noticed the paint built up quickly and within a fraction of a second was to thick and the air blew it and it spread. I shall try this and see if I have more control!

Something you just can not really pick up on watching a video , But sometimes you see enough to ask question to put you on the path you seek.

Notice I am really trying hard not to hijack this thread mainly because you have a good question ,,,

Are you kidding me I thought my last post was going to get me in trouble. You guys are bad.
Now on to the question at hand I don't move my TRIGGER finger to much. But I have noticed several ABers on youtube doing this I think it is just what you get use to doing. But as Mitch said in one of his vids you can use it when you are giving your work (the figure 8) style texture.

Hey we have to haze the new guys and it was your turn.. Get over it you are now in the elite group call family...

Something you just can not really pick up on watching a video , But sometimes you see enough to ask question to put you on the path you seek.

Notice I am really trying hard not to hijack this thread mainly because you have a good question ,,,

You don't need to hijack it micron Madbrush shot it down pretty darn quick!

It looks like one of those things you don't realise you operate the trigger like it until someone points it out to you!

Thank you for the CONSTRUCTIVE reply micron, take note Madbrush lol.

1.22 in that's minutes and seconds madbrush not depth!

I'm so glad you pointed that small point out, I would have messed up big time if you hadn't.

But now I can answer your question, that just nerves pure and simple, Mitch is always nervous in front of the camera because he knows that while he is there, we are all trashing and jacking threads, the poor guy, he's so nervous now he's developing those wrinkle textures that he normally so likes to paint.

When I'm fingering fur I sometimes don't see my finger either, and that can sometimes be days.

Back