First Airbrush

J

joepacelli

Just joined the forum and this is my first posting.
So my wife does all the miniature painting mainly. She's been painting all my Reaper bones 4 miniatures and we are backing Reaper Bones 5.
For this Christmas I would like to get her an airbrush and would like to start looking now.
A kit would be nice that comes with everything. I don't want to spend too much, but I also don't want to spend not enough and regret not getting the next size up compressor or airbrush.

I hear Iwata is the best to get and started to look at these.
Which airbrush by Iwata?
Which compressor?

Also, paints. I've got almost the complete set of reaper paints. About 400 of them. Can these be used? Do they need to be thinned down?

Thanks
Joe

Iwata eclipse cs or sbs. I have sbs, others love cs.

For compressor I don't have a clue, but I know people in states love California air tool. Quiet and powerfull. Others will help you with this.

Never heard of this paint, now I need to google. -.-

https://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-reaper-master-series-hd-paints.html
Few quotes from the link:

Reaper offers two ranges: Master Series Paints Core Colors with over 216 colours and additives, which are great to flesh out your paint collection with shades you don't find elsewhere, and the newly added MSP HD which comprise 38 colours. Reaper Core Colors are a thin, high quality paint with lots of flow improver added, similar to Vallejo Game Color. They thin down excellently and are great for layering and blending techniques. Reaper paints come in 15 ml dropper bottles. I think Reaper's design is better than Vallejo's, as I've experienced less spilling and there is a little agitator in each bottle which helps blending the paint when shaking.

When you compare HD paints with Foundation Paints, you instantly notice they feel more like regular paint as there is flow improver added and they aren't as thick and don't dry as fast. In this regard, they are more like Vallejo Heavy Opaque paints, which have a flow improver added as well. For my review, I picked up the most vibrant colours I could find: Brilliant Red, which is similar to GW's Blood Red, Golden Yellow, which is similar to GW's Golden Yellow, and Entrail Pink, a fleshy pink shade. Let's check out how these HD paints compare against similar colours from other brands. To do this, I prepared a piece of plasticard and primed it black to see how many layers it will take for each colour to acchieve an even coverage.

Where are you from Joe? It helps to know because then we can hunt down local suppliers

Welcome Joe, as the others have said, throw us a couple more details and we’ll have you on the right path in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back