First attempt

C

catalin

Hi guys,

This is my first attemt at something else than dots, lines and shades. I didn't try yet the eye, not very comfortable with small sized daggers (with my Iwata Neo, for the moment).

I used a single color (com art opaque blue) over watercolor paper, practising shades, some freehand stencils used for land and clouds, self created stencil for the boat. Waves are done with an eraser. Please let me know your comments. What should I improve?
Thanks.

View attachment 11498image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try painting the boat up the right way for a start

sorry im a sarcastic thing!....but very light hearted!
I think you have done a good job on this, I like the clouds, and the colours look natural....the waves you could improve once you get better at mini daggers but for now this is a cracking start well done! you could still paint the boat up the right way though ;o)

you could try painting the boat up the right way for a start

Thanks fez,
What do you mean by the right way? Can you point me in that direction?

I used a small stencil for boat, cut from plastic. All thing is done on a A5 paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry hunny I was making a joke because your picture is upside down.....I think you have done a good job an used a few different technique in 1 picture, which is a good thing......have a look at using cotton wool for clouds also, just stretch it out and spray over the edge

Interesting painting , Now being an old redneck is the entire painting suppose to be upside down or would you like me to fix that for you?

Interesting painting , Now being an old redneck is the entire painting suppose to be upside down or would you like me to fix that for you?

Yes, please. I didn't realize is uploaded that way. My phone actually shows it correctly

......have a look at using cotton wool for clouds also, just stretch it out and spray over the edge

I tried with cotton buds and it didn't look very nice, maybe my poor technique, I will try more. I used toilet paper, cut in the middle

wll im JUST starting out and cant even get my gun to spray right, so to me it looks great !
well done you :)

Back