First impression procon boy ps-270 Mr. Hobby GSI Creos

Thanks for the info Robby. I’m glad you’re enjoying the Brush, that’s going to make the 90 Bucks a bit of a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After receiving a needle and nozzle, then a complete head assembly from the the GSI Creos PS770, I am not surprised by your findings. The quality of the machine work and finishes on the head assembly I purchased is pretty near flawless. The parts work well enough that the PS770 is now at the top of my "need to buy" list :)...

Thank you for your input on that dave! It's nice to get some confirmation from someone who really knows what theyre talking about!

After receiving a needle and nozzle, then a complete head assembly from the the GSI Creos PS770, I am not surprised by your findings. The quality of the machine work and finishes on the head assembly I purchased is pretty near flawless. The parts work well enough that the PS770 is now at the top of my "need to buy" list :)...

Is there any way you can confirm or at least check the material that stuff is made from? That seems to be a cost cutting area with alot of knock-off style airbrushes. Although I used some chinese needles and those things were as tough as any Iwata needle.

Is there any way you can confirm or at least check the material that stuff is made from? That seems to be a cost cutting area with alot of knock-off style airbrushes. Although I used some chinese needles and those things were as tough as any Iwata needle.

I have no need to test material - the parts are good, super clean machining, and very nice finishes - enough for me. These are not some sort of knock off part, but full spec production pieces.

Spraygunner site. Parts diagram. Lists PTFE seal.

And 300 is a total guess, but it occurs to me that even if I could tell you the exact material, It wouldn't matter since the "toughness" of a part like this is far,far more dependent on the consistency of the heat treating applied.
It wouldn't surprise me if the chinese stuff is hit with a blowtorch and then dropped in a bucket of water.
On the other end is digitally controlled ovens with a low oxygen environment.

But I am gonna throw one other guess out there that doesn't matter.
I think Procon boy is just a marketing character mr. hobby uses, with the name perhaps being meant to imply he weighs out the pros and cons.

The bucket method could give you anything from a twist tie to a spring to a file out of the same material....you never know when you're not controlling it.

And here is a big little screw up...... The trigger was not actually backwards when I got it. I think it was just that I was pulling back hard enough at a wierd angle when checking it out that the trigger rode up the rocker. So That divot actually goes to the front....... there is a slight cutout on the underside of the triggers top that goes to the rear and so When installed properly the trigger does not hit the brush body!

This is also what caused the slight abrupt change in paint flow in the trigger pull
It works either way and you could probably go a long time without noticing you installed it backwards like I did.

See theres where my low experience level kicked me in the butt. (and excitement with my new toy)

Everything on it has really really smoothed out with a little use.

So... Any complaints.....ZERO

Last edited:
I own iwata airbrushes an hp c and cm sb, and harder and steenbeck evo cr plus and satagraph 1,2 and satagraph 3 foose edition which were made by harder and steenbeck, the satagraph 2 was made by gabbert, I will say all my german airbrushes NEVER give me a problem my japanese airbrushes iwata, holbein, meiji, olympos, they can get finicky, I find with my german brushes I put water or redusor in, then paint, and I'm off to jam, my japanese brushes I have to play with them a little bit but when they are good, they boogy all day, I like the h & s trigger, yes it was hard at first but now I'm use to it, but I think my favorite is the double dependent airbrushes like the sata 2 and hansa, grafo, etc, I'm not a machinist but I work at a body shop, so I to have access to tools and other goods, but for me I like a stiff trigger, every airbrush I have is paired up with my right hand, so basically what I'm saying is, give me a Chinese knock off, an iwata, a harder and steenbeck or whichever, it will not end up the same way as when I first got it, I'll tweak it caress it, play with it, love it, until I get it just right, me I prefer a heavy brush, I made my iwata cm sb a little heavier actually, but anyway I didn't mean to say all of this, but It just came to my intention about this article about iwata buying harder and steenbeck, and I only got one word #derp.... check this out fellas, I read up on airbrushes every day from the first day I started, like my guitars hanging on the wall, when I'm passionate about something, I need to know everything, now someone commented on new airbrushes looking like iwata, and yes what I have noticed is this company airtex, you can see their xp825 premium on foxy studios, it's exclusive and all the talk about it is because of its 4 hole design in the head for blah blah blah better atomization , well first that's true I'm sure it sprays sweeter than a pair of boobs, but that design came out a long time ago, binks did it with their raven airbrush, I have one and can show you, but for some reason I can't post pictures, (there's that #derp again), AND this company airtex has ANOTHER airbrush called the Selphy also on foxy studios website, it's exclusive because of this "free" double action trigger, AND this design was ALSO DONE in the past and was an holding brand airbrush, not a lot of info on it, but I do have a picture on my phone to show you guys when I ever figure it out (#derp) , I'm sorry about saying alot, my fiance is at work, Im waiting for my paint to dry a little so I can erase and go back to airbrushing, so I have you guys.....look at me go

So in conclusion:
German airbrushes are different by japanese brushes in every way I feel, to spray pattern to weight to trigger, to design to air flow, everything, but it doesn't matter if you get an eclipse or an ultra, you will tweek that lil sucker and it will be not an airbrush any more but yours (insert name here), so in a way if your favorite airbrush was let's say a satagraph 3, cause that's my favorite, I love the way it feels sprays, etc, ok even on my japanese brushes I tweek all my brushes to make them feel as close I possibly can like my sata, so if I have 18 airbrushes (I think that's correct may be more) so regardless of name it's like I have 18 satagraph 3s, this is all my opinion, I may be wrong or right who knows, but also!!!

In conclusion #2:
Airtex is not making inavating airbrushes I believe because they were out before, again my opinion and an observation

gotta admit Mike, I do find your posts to be entertaining.

I'm gonna add a little info here that may help to connect some of the dots in the road map to airbrush geography that may help to explain a few things to some...

The Satagragh 3 was produced by Hansa, one of the German companies you find preferable in your airbrush selection, so no real stretch that you would like the Sata. Hansa is now owned by H&S, which continues to build the Hansa models, albeit with some minor alterations to make more parts universal across the different branded lines. Iwata has purchased H&S and all its holdings. Foxy Studios has an Iwata vendor's agreement, and Marissa is heavily sponsored by them. Foxy is now featuring Airtex brushes alongside Iwata. A search of Airtex will bring up some other "Airtex" branded models that I am certain will look familiar to anyone that enjoys a German made airbrush. If you examine the "Selfie" design and features, I think you will notice that the trigger system, and the way it works is certainly not a new design, although it does use a new trigger button to work the system that was originally incorporated into the Hansa brushes... and now the Grafo T series brushes. Oh, that is right, they are owned by H&S, which were just recently purchased by, oh wait, by Iwata...

I'm very interested in both you guys' remarks and I normally wouldn't care a bit but before this goes completely off on a tangent....if you don't mind I'd like if this one stays gsi related. The review is still in its infancy.

Welcome to the forum Robby! You've been threadjacked lol. That just means youre family now :)

Lol. I can see the need to correct something you see as misinformation. But mike I'm sorry buddy I can't for the life of me figure out how you made the logical leap from anything being said here to why mike k likes German brushes. I mean that in a kindhearted way buddy

Lol. I can see the need to correct something you see as misinformation. But mike I'm sorry buddy I can't for the life of me figure out how you made the logical leap from anything being said here to why mike k likes German brushes. I mean that in a kindhearted way buddy

I've been following this thread and I've just read it all the way through twice in case I missed something that might justify Mike's post but I can't find it at all, totally irrelevant and quite a fun spoiler too:(

Kind of impressive really. Normally there's a progression of some kind. This was like, Surprise! Here's a two page review in German brushes. Lol

Woah I did write a 2 page report.....hmmm well you guys are all of got till 7 p.m. you can't push me out now!!!!!! We been through so much (rolls eyes)(you guys will get use to me I promise)

Back