First impression procon boy ps-270 Mr. Hobby GSI Creos

Well here's the thing, I meant to put this in the other thread iwata and harder and steenbeck, lol my fault I clicked the wrong thread! I meant to write this in the "iwata wins h &s last chance" thread, anyway I own the .18mm creos micron, and it's fantastic, carry on boyyyyysssss I'll be in the other thread, (and it's hard to offend me, if I made a mistake just say hey yo ass hat, you gone and f**k*d up now),

You are doing yourself no favours with this attitude.

Why not post some of your work with these amazing brushes of yours instead of winding up other members, I'd be interested to see what you've done.

His attitude sounds pretty reasonable to me! It must have really sucked to type that book then realize you typed it in the wrong thread lol

Winding up? I don't know what that means, I'm not trying to do anything, I was giving my 2 cents because I paint cars for a living and airbrush on the side, and I was giving my thoughts of what I learned, I don't mean to wind people up, that's not my intention, and I've tried to post pictures, but for some reason I cant

Plus there's a lot of images on here that people have done that actually inspire me a lot, I'm blown away by the talent/gift

What does it mean, what does it mean?
Well my point zero PZ-360xs arrived today. I'm not going to fully review it. It's been done plenty. It's very much made like a nice toy. Thinly plated and plated in places it shouldn't be. Tolerances are obviously loose as hell. None of the needle nozzle head combos that came with it are centered well enough to spray with. I'll do a bit of file work and make them workable. The air valve trigger movement is so choppy and the movement so slight I wasn't even sure it would work. The loosest thing on mine is the MAC valve which seems as if it may actually blow right out of the bottom. Anyhow.

The exciting part.......

Last edited:
That picture is my Ps-270 wearing the PZ360 head assembly. I have it from enough sources (including @DaveG s facebook page) that these heads are interchangeable with micron and ps-770 heads. To clarify His page only tells that these heads are interchangeable with micron heads
Which means my Ps-270 can almost surely wear the working gear from a micron.

Why is that so Exciting to me. It's good evidence that a beginner could buy a nice quality ps-289 (my brush with a .3) For about $90 Knowing that later on he/she could easily upgrade the brush to a micron.

And directly for me, It's good evidence that I can build my idea of the perfect brush.
A closed handled micron for less than $200
We will see if that is in fact the case. As I get parts.
Look for a thread on modding this brush and a full Iwata parts interchange chart in the future. (for those of us who would like to know they can get any parts they want, forever, and possibly locally)

I can tell you right now that the PS770 .18 head will fit your brush. Add the needle, as the taper is different than what you have. For a few dollars more you could start out with the PS770, which is not Micron like, but is a Micron brush - on par with Iwata.

I can tell you right now that the PS770 .18 head will fit your brush. Add the needle, as the taper is different than what you have. For a few dollars more you could start out with the PS770, which is not Micron like, but is a Micron brush - on par with Iwata.
That's awesome Dave! You never quite came out and said that before and I didn't want to put words in your mouth. The only reasons for me not to just grab the 770 Was that I really dislike cutouts, just a personal preference and that I wanted to show an option for people to start with $100 and move up.
I don't think I'll be missing out on anything this way aside from possibly maybe a smoother trigger, but the rest of the brush seems constructed so similar I can't think where I personally would notice a performance difference between the 770 and this brush with a 770 head and needle.

Last edited:
Unless you can think of something @DaveG ?
And one other question for you, Based on what you've seen so far, would you think that i would see a performance increase with the 770 parts?

Last edited:
Out of curiousity after centering up the .2 setup for the point zero I tried it on the GSI with the GSI needle ( I'm not putting point zero needles in my GSI, I've got diamond jeweling files far smoother than those needles) and I got performance I would say is on par with the krome. Back to very slightly thinner lines that are more ragged with not as good of atomization and the spray cone is wider, (i can't carry a line as thin from as far off the page as the original stuff) Only difference being it still favors a bit more reduction than the krome did but still cant atomize even the thinner paint as well as the original stuff.
In the point zero, with the point zero needle it only got worse. more ragged.

Last edited:
One other point to clarify. When I say the 270 can go to a slightly wider pattern than the krome, It's because the paint is so constrained in the spray cone that your able to spray a clean circle from much farther off the page even though the cone is narrower. So when I say back to performing like the krome and cone is wider it's because it is. If all that makes sense.

One quick note on the PZ360 (because you brought it up :)) - With some very minor tweaking, I get performance out of them that I easily put on par with Badger brushes, in general. I ditch the replacement heads, and stick with the .2 set up, if need be, I use an Iwata HP-B+ needle. The stock needles are hit or miss, some not too bad. The trigger mech is easy to adjust and tweak, along with an adjustable and replaceable teflon needle packing make them brushes I really don't mind reaching for. Obviously not a high quality piece, but one that works - some pretty darn well.

Back to the GSI Procon brushes - The head system on the PS770 will atomize paint finer than that of the PS270 (I suspect the 270 is the same spec as Iwata HP series - will confirm later in the week). So, using the PS770 head will net finer results than the PS270. WIll you be able to tell the difference? That I can not answer - your own abilities will dictate that answer. The rest of the parts in the brush are simple mechanical features designed to accomplish the simple tasks of depressing the air valve, and drawing the needle back - there is no advantage to one over the other... well, guess that is not really true :) The spring retainer set up on the PS770 will allow for more needle spring adjustment possibilities than the one in the PS270, so it would be easier to adjust the feel for your own preferences - not too sure I would rate this ability worth the expense, however.

Thank you Dave, That Is all great information! Personally I'm very happy with the trigger feel on this one so it's kind of looking like this brush will Fulfill exactly what i had hoped it would.
Barring any drastic realizations I think the review of this brush i basically done. I'm still trying not to go way off the reservation. Because if you're able to add that its on spec with HPs than I'd hate for that morsel to get buried.

On The 360 I agree It's not bad at all for $25-30, and Id say with a good needle will spray very similar to the krome but I would definitely agree with when you called them "kits". Not good for a total beginner, but probably a good option for anyone proficient with tools. If you can rebuild and adjust a simple motorcycle carb, the 360 can probably work well for you.

Last edited:
Do you guys think there is really an extra $100 of machine work or material quality in a 770 vs. 270? or do you think it's because the Micron is so expensive and therefore their Micron knockoff needs to be the expensive airbrush in their lineup?

Do you guys think there is really an extra $100 of machine work or material quality in a 770 vs. 270? or do you think it's because the Micron is so expensive and therefore their Micron knockoff needs to be the expensive airbrush in their lineup?
do you think there is that much of a difference in actual machine work between a Seiko and a Rolex?

I Should add to that thought... for someone that does not have the experience and skill to tell the difference between the two in use - the added cost up front would be nothing more than added cost. For someone that understands what they are working with, the difference in price is small. In addition, someone with a skill set that allows them to use either brush to their fullest capabilities, they are gonna pull off the work with whichever brush they are using.

Last edited:
Back