First Post and started a storm...lol

R

Ranger370

Okay everyone, you asked for an introduction so here it is. I'm a 63 year old Army Infantry veteran who happens to also be a police chief in East Texas. I have been trying to paint with my airbrush for about six months now. I had double brain surgery last October to calm down tremors in my hands due to an RPG explosion back in 1968. My neurosurgeon thinks it's good therapy for me and I agree. In my life I have made Indian jewelry, built and flew my own airplane, painted, wrote two books and a host of other things. Of them all I like the AB best. I have an Iwata Eclipse and a Paasche Millenium and I use Createx, Createx Wicked and Detail paints. I like almost any subject for painting but I am partial to desert scenery and weird skulls and zombie stuff. My first post was about a suggestion to expand interest in airbrushing by allowing the rookies to compete against each other but after reading the replies I can see the problems that presents. I am not allowed to post my personal website at this time so I'll save that for later.

Welcome Ranger, You can write in your website with spaces if you like, the guys will find it, although technically one more post and you've cracked it, lol

Welcome the the forum Ranger! Were you in one of the Ranger Companies in Vietnam? I am an Ex Ranger out of 2nd Battalion, Fort Lewis WA. Not quite the vintage Ranger like yourself, I was in from the mid to late 90's.
Good to hear you found your beloved hobby, you came to the right place to share your experiences. :)

Welcome Ranger, sounds like your very creative, you'll be in good company here :)
cheers Mel

Good to see ya again Ranger!! There's a lot of great artists here and a damn good community, make yourself at home!

Ranger you little legend! Thanks for the intro, sounds as though you have had a help if a life.....much respect and a while hearted welcome from the uk! Can not wait to see some of your work.

Thaks everyone. Sorry for my rude oversight in not introducing myself. Russ is my mentor from other places and has helped me tremendously.... Jeff, Charlie Rangers, 173 Airborne Infantry for three whole months before I forgot to duck. I went through the Ranger course in late 69 and early 70 after almost 16 months overseas. Most of it with the 7th Infantry near the DMZ recuperating from my stupidity...LOL I spent three years from 67-70 in the Army and have been a cop for 36 years now. I have a good friend and ex-partner from my CID days who was with the 2nd Rangers at Ft. Lewis in the 80's. You guys have no idea how much I enjoy airbrushing and life in general. It's all about continuing to learn.

Ah good man ranger! Glad to have you on board, hopefully we can all learn from each other....be warned however this place gets addictive

Welcome home Ranger, From on old army dog to another , East Texas damn you like it humid...LOL I use to live in El Paso miss the dry heat.
But I am a Disabled Vet Army Special Forces and not to far away from you in age.
Like you hand mobility is an issue so airbrushing helps a lot , Fine motor skills I think is what most call it.
If you need your website posted just type it in and I will make it happen for you.

Welcome to this forum Ranger, seen you over at another forum, no worries man. Keep up the good work and good ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!you can´t go wrong with those airbrushes!!!

HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iraq war 2004. Ft. Hood tx.

Welcome home Ranger, From on old army dog to another , East Texas damn you like it humid...LOL I use to live in El Paso miss the dry heat.
But I am a Disabled Vet Army Special Forces and not to far away from you in age.
Like you hand mobility is an issue so airbrushing helps a lot , Fine motor skills I think is what most call it.
If you need your website posted just type it in and I will make it happen for you.

Lots of Dog Faces on here:) That's good as it will make me feel at home. I have tons of respect for the young guys who do so many rotations over in Sand-istan. I am enjoying my airbrushes and the chance to learn something new. I'll try to post some of my work in the next few days...no laughter please:) Poor Russ will have to look at it again. For you folks who don't know him, he is one fine fellow and a fountain of knowledge!

Haha, always laughter from me Ranger so no worries, and umm.... well, I think Ive been here long enough to taint my image, but you just keep trying to make me look good to this crowd, I really appreciate it Ranger, lol. Seriously, thanks for your words man, mean a lot

Haha, always laughter from me Ranger so no worries, and umm.... well, I think Ive been here long enough to taint my image, but you just keep trying to make me look good to this crowd, I really appreciate it Ranger, lol. Seriously, thanks for your words man, mean a lot

Russ look good??????????WTH is this place coming too..
Just kidding Russ you are a hell of a good guy even for an okie... :D

Back