For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

First time painting an RC body in 20+ years

Discussion in 'General Airbrush Discussion' started by crewchief227, May 14, 2019.

1. crewchief227

crewchief227 Needle-chuck Ninja Very Likeable!

Hey all,

Thought you might like to see a project outside my normal realm. I got a Traxxas Revo 2.0 a few weeks ago for my middle son and I to share. I used to build RC buggies back in the late 80's to early 90's. Wish I still had my Team Associated RC10 "gold pan" race buggy, as they're now collectors items.

Anyways, I mainly did this body as a show piece to take to my local hobby dealer where I bought the Revo, and leave the body and a stack of business cards to see if I can hustle up some side cash during the summer. Here is a short little video
    http://imgur.com/gallery/VdjJA5q

You can see (barely, video doesn't do it justice) that I did some silver flake first, a base of Candy2o paint, ghost flames, kinda :rolleyes:, texturing, and even painted in my logo. Even the window nets (with stitching :thumbsup:) were airbrushed.
    twood and huskystafford like this.
  2. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

That body looks pretty good, the nets are a good touch and the flame licks on the side look good too. The best thing is that its painted backwards which makes it even better.

I got a few cars from years ago, I have an original Tamiya Audi quattro, actually I have 2 but 1 is not complete, can't remember why, its been so long
    AudiQuattro.jpg
    Kyosho Optima mid Pro 4wd
    Tamiya Lunch Box
    Tamiya Ford Ranger from 80's, brought it as a project so needs some parts but its been so long I can't remember whats missing

I think I have another couple in the large box they're stored in but until I get some space made in the garage they are going to have to stay in dad's garage. When I get them I will pop some pics up..

Lee
    doc1 likes this.