Flake buster

S

Spyder Crowley

Does anyone have any ideas or plans onhow to make a home made flake buster? I really dont see paying 100 bucks for such a small tool. I thought I would ask before i put my engineer's cap on and start breaking one thing to make another, lol.

spyder i dont even know what flake buster is... but if i did i would tell all i can say , the closest thing i have to a flake buster is head and shoulders..

Lol tuck.... can I call ya tuck?...The flake buster isa tool designed for iwata brushes. ... is a little like a siphon pot that sits over the front of your brush. You put dry mini flake in pot .. you spray a clear through your paint cup on to your tank or whatever to givethe flakea bar to stick to. .. pop on flake buster on front of brush and metal flake the son of a gun

Lol tuck.... can I call ya tuck?...The flake buster isa tool designed for iwata brushes. ... is a little like a siphon pot that sits over the front of your brush. You put dry mini flake in pot .. you spray a clear through your paint cup on to your tank or whatever to givethe flakea bar to stick to. .. pop on flake buster on front of brush and metal flake the son of a gun

damnnnn!!!! im am flaked away,,, i am so damn ignorant

Oh an spider. ... no I can't help you buddy... would imagine it would have to be reasonably precise.... get that vortex going to blow out flake in right pattern??? Get your hands in your pocket hehe!!! Nah I'm joking any penny saved is a good thing. .. I'm hoping to make my compressor ... although I'll probably get out bid on air vessel at last second

Oh an spider. ... no I can't help you buddy... would imagine it would have to be reasonably precise.... get that vortex going to blow out flake in right pattern??? Get your hands in your pocket hehe!!! Nah I'm joking any penny saved is a good thing. .. I'm hoping to make my compressor ... although I'll probably get out bid on air vessel at last second
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I've seen a couple of ideas on youtube but there isnt a lot about the pressure used and its all strung together with tape and stuff and it kinda looks junky. My boss is wanting to do some flake on his bike and asked me to do some flames for him and he's gonna give me his old tank to practice on. Theres alway lildaddy roths all-in-one rattlebombs i guess, I;ve actually been really wanting to get my hands on that. I'm looking to buy an older truck that i can just flat black with rattlecans and go nuts on and see how good of a job i can do. lol, i had an 86 s10 a couple of years ago that i put blue true fire down the sides of and it looked pretty decent but i'm really looking to do some flake. i'll come up with something, it cant be that hard right? lol

Are you questioning get hands in pocket....I meant pull some money out.... not flesh hehe....I can't see that helping

checked it out ,,damn automated turn table,, too much for meeee. im outta this one

I looked at the flake buster when it first came out but I couldn't justify spending that amount of money to spray one project.
I did spend some time trying to work out how to convert a plastic modellers airbrush but luckily I had a rare moment of clarity and realised there was a much simpler way to apply dry flake simply using an old salt/spice jar shaker.Same process as the flake buster you apply a wet coat of clear and then shake a dusting of flake over the top; once you have an even coverage you may need to lightly dab to flatten any high flake before you apply final clear coats.
I know this method is probably no help for the sides of your truck but you can get some good results on anything flat..

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
|Basically you need a jar with a metal lid, a T shape pipe on top soldered on, going down into the jar and another small tube in the lid of the jar to let air in. As you blow the air through the "T" tube it sucks the flake up through the tube and blows it onto your work, it does take a bit of messing about but it does work. You will have to experiment with air pressures and stuff.

Lee

I have one I picked up for a few projects. Tip: shoot flake in clear or intercoat. Shooting flake dry is recipe for looking like you murdered a leprechaun. It's ludicrous the amount of glitter (flake) that is all OVER my house from a couple sessions with a mini FB and some roth monster flake.

Back