Flying eagle for POM contest

R

Ranger370

I started with a good drawing and covered it with frisketEagle drawing.jpg Then I very carefully cut out the outline of the eagle. Next I tackled the out of focus background wit a soft shield held about two inches above the surfaceEagle background.jpg I didn't have to worry about overspray as the eagle was covered and I got the background to come right up to the frisket. Eagle dark colors.jpg I started cutting out the darkest parts and layering and erasing the feather structure.egale wing.jpg The next thing was to work in the feather structure with three colors and several erasers.Eagle top feathers.jpg I started the off wing trimming the frisket and using freehand shields and erasers being careful to let the light show through where the fathers connected.eagle close.jpgAt this point I still had frisket over the head, feet and tailfeathers but most of the body and wing structure were in.Eagle under painting.jpg This is a close up of the under painting on the head. I used an Exacto and easers to get the texture and worked to preserve my highlights.Eagle tail feathers.jpg The tail feathers and feet required the use of some water color pencils to render the really small details, especially in the lines in the feet.Eagle clear coat.jpg And this is what he looks like with four coats of Dupli Color acrylic lacquer. I use all Createx Illustration paint, an Iwata Eclipse and it's on a 16X20 in gessoed hardwood panel.

You did really well! You really stepped up you game with this one mate.

Great tut Reece!!! And a very nice result!! That is exactly what we want for the P.O.M.!!

"If your not willing to learn, no one can help you. If your determined to learn, then no one can stop you!!"

Love seeing the steps Reece, nice way to make it work for you, keep it up man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice looking work.Since you are using frisket.Maybe you'll will know.I have some frisket that some time ago.Its brand new.Just have not got around to trying it out.I wonder how long the tack it go for or last.

Nice looking work.Since you are using frisket.Maybe you'll will know.I have some frisket that some time ago.Its brand new.Just have not got around to trying it out.I wonder how long the tack it go for or last.

I wouldn't worry about it. I actually try to take some of the tack out of mine before I apply it. I have one roll that is a year old I am still using. Hope this helps a little.

Back