For Squishy:Break down between Micron CM-C+ and Krome...

Mr.Micron

Royal pain in the air hose
Staff member
Admin
Well just for Squishy.
First the needle stops , The Krome has Fine machine thread while the Micron has Coarse Threads.
P5070189.JPG
Next the handle both about the same Krome is a bit beefier
P5070190.JPG

Next the needles both pretty much are the same
P5070191.JPG

Next the needle tension assembly
P5070192.JPG
than the needle guides.
P5070193.JPG
now Iwata calls this the Auxiliary Lever while Badger calls it the Rocker Assembly
P5070194.JPG
Now the Triggers
P5070195.JPG
Airbrush Bodies
P5070196.JPG

Head assembly (Iwata) Nozzle (Krome)
P5070197.JPG

Hold Down Ring(krome)/Fluid Head Needle Cap(Iwata)
P5070198.JPG
regulator/crown cap
P5070199.JPG
reassembled airbrushes
P5070201.JPG

Hope this is enough photo's for you if you have questions just ask..

I have to add to this i feel the microns needle is a bit more sturdier i had allot of hard landings and never bent it once (hard landing) when your doing a dagger strokes real fast like and you accidentally hit the canvas or panel at the end usually resulting in a slightly bent needle.

Good show.

Maybe you should have grouped the head assemblies together as some don't compare like for like.

I've got a breakdown of a Chinese BD130 to compare with these if anyone is interested.

Good show.

Maybe you should have grouped the head assemblies together as some don't compare like for like.

I've got a breakdown of a Chinese BD130 to compare with these if anyone is interested.

I think to have a thread or threads that show parts side by side is a great thing. So if you are willing I would be interested,

I have to add to this i feel the microns needle is a bit more sturdier i had allot of hard landings and never bent it once (hard landing) when your doing a dagger strokes real fast like and you accidentally hit the canvas or panel at the end usually resulting in a slightly bent needle.

Well being I have not hit either needle that is not something I could comment on.

Well being I have not hit either needle that is not something I could comment on.

Lol, me neither :)
The needles are the same, but yes the krome's are slightly weaker. But here is a tip, they are the same diameter and the krome's will work in the micron. Much cheaper in price if you want to go that route ;)

Josh
"Sometimes you have to let one slip......just to remind people your $#!+ really does stink ;)

Wow Herb! You're my hero. Thanks for doing this! It was the trigger tensioner/rocker I was interested in, and I have to say the Krome's rocker looks easier to put in being a little bit longer. Anyone else who wants to do their brush als,o would be great, and useful for others too I'm sure. I will do my hp-cs in the next few days if anyone wants.

Wow Herb! You're my hero. Thanks for doing this! It was the trigger tensioner/rocker I was interested in, and I have to say the Krome's rocker looks easier to put in being a little bit longer. Anyone else who wants to do their brush als,o would be great, and useful for others too I'm sure. I will do my hp-cs in the next few days if anyone wants.

I am glad I am your hero...LOL , But I think it would be great to have a break down of all the airbrushes that not only give everyone an ideal of the parts involved to each airbrush.

Back