For the micron v1 users

haasje dutchairbrush

Air-Valve Autobot!
As this had a pretty big impact (for me :p) I thought it might be worth mentioning.

The trigger of the CM-SB v2 fits the v1 version, I handled a v2 a couple of times and didn't think it worth to buy one as my v1 performs about the same, I did like it's higher trigger though.

I changed my v1 for a v2 trigger and painted 2 days with it now and after I got the feel for it I (takes a bit) must say that for me it makes a huge difference.

I think the fact that the trigger is longer makes for more leverage. This makes aminestering the right amount of paint a lot easier. Controling small amounts of paint (increasing and decreasing it by a tiny bit while painting) became so much easier I'd almost say its redicilous :D.

Also varying the amount of air (in combination with a soltz spring) becomes more responsive.

This is ofcourse my personal experience, but I'd highly recommend changing your trigger when working with a CM-SB v1.

As this had a pretty big impact (for me :p) I thought it might be worth mentioning.

The trigger of the CM-SB v2 fits the v1 version, I handled a v2 a couple of times and didn't think it worth to buy one as my v1 performs about the same, I did like it's higher trigger though.

I changed my v1 for a v2 trigger and painted 2 days with it now and after I got the feel for it I (takes a bit) must say that for me it makes a huge difference.

I think the fact that the trigger is longer makes for more leverage. This makes aminestering the right amount of paint a lot easier. Controling small amounts of paint (increasing and decreasing it by a tiny bit while painting) became so much easier I'd almost say its redicilous :D.

Also varying the amount of air (in combination with a soltz spring) becomes more responsive.

This is ofcourse my personal experience, but I'd highly recommend changing your trigger when working with a CM-SB v1.

I would assume this will also work on a CM-B? I get quite a bit of cramp trying to control the amount of paint so I have a feeling this would help some, AAAAAAAND!!! I noticed while cleaning both my Micron and my HP-B that the trigger is almost the same, so is that a possibility too? one wonders;)

@Madbrush as far as I know that should work (it also fits my CM-C)

Excellent, I'll strip down both brushes and see if the triggers are indeed both the same and probably get me a couple, I know it's possible to raise the triggers with glue blobs and all sorts but it never appealed to me to have an expensive brush and spoil the look of it.

Edit, a little extra, maybe even handy info, I just checked both the Micron and the HP-BH plus and the bottom of the triggers are identical, but the HP trigger is already slightly taller, just under two millimetres, I've just swapped them over and they work perfectly, so it would be handy to know if the difference in height with the V2 trigger is more then the HP trigger, I also like the fact that the HP trigger is tilted on top so there is less chance of a sweaty finger slipping off:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
You can just build it up. No need to replace. I just don't like the big fat square flight deck size of it.

It took me about an hour or two to get used to it but I actualy like it, I have the impression I have a lot more grip (this is realy personal ofcourse)

I did mention in an earlier thread I was going to pimp up my cm-sb v1. I was also looking at the one piece needle chuck but this don't fit, I do have a large blob of glue on my current trigger to give me that extra bit of response on the trigger. Since doing it I have found that the control does mean I can spray lighter layers.

I still intend to get the v2 trigger when I order my nozzle and needle, I can't seem to get it at the same price as the Dutch boys can in England so ill be putting a wee shopping list together to place an order from Holland.
It's about 40€ in Holland but £75 in England :mad:

Would one of kind peeps be able to measure the overal length of the v2 trigger so I can compare it to what I have. Please:love:

I did mention in an earlier thread I was going to pimp up my cm-sb v1. I was also looking at the one piece needle chuck but this don't fit, I do have a large blob of glue on my current trigger to give me that extra bit of response on the trigger. Since doing it I have found that the control does mean I can spray lighter layers.

I still intend to get the v2 trigger when I order my nozzle and needle, I can't seem to get it at the same price as the Dutch boys can in England so ill be putting a wee shopping list together to place an order from Holland.
It's about 40€ in Holland but £75 in England :mad:

I actually just found out that neither brushes have a trigger but instead they have a "main lever" how cool is that, now I know what it is that makes it a precision instrument, it doesn't have a excrementey common as muck trigger like all other brushes do, they have really important super cool state of the art main levers which no other brush could ever have, that actually makes me feel like I'm "somebody" lol

What's costing you €40 in Holland? the "main lever" only costs €8-40 which I fink is about 6 very string British pounds.

Once upon a time when there was a heat wave just like today two whales were swimming around on the surface of the sea basking in the sun and generally messing around like what whales do, anyway, one of the whales was having a hard time with the heat so he said to the other I'm going down below to where the cooler water is to try to cool off, so when he got to the bottom he came across a huge squid just lying there, he asked the squid if everything was OK and the squid said actually no I had a couple of clams last night and I think they were rancid and now I feel like excremente and have lost all my strength, I can't even swim an inch, so the whale said jump on my back and I'll take you up top so you can get some sun on you and maybe you will feel better, so up they went and when they got to the top the whale flipped the squid onto the other whales back, so the the other whale said "What the F**k is this?, and the first whale said "That's that sick squid I owe you":thumbsup:

Would one of kind peeps be able to measure the overal length of the v2 trigger so I can compare it to what I have. Please:love:

here you go:

trigger.jpg

I've only found foxy and lion art for them and one English place but at a stupid price.

I only have teeny lady hands, so I'm happy with the short trigger. But good to know some parts are interchangeable.

Back