For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Forum is suffering from 7 year itch !

Discussion in 'Forum Ideas!' started by JackEb, Oct 21, 2019.

1. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Haha, that’s just where I stopped scrolling :) the white line is the bottom of my screen
    SiRoxx likes this.
  2. huskystafford

huskystafford Needle chucking Ninja Very Likeable!

eh...I hoped we busted you doing something :D
    JackEb and SiRoxx like this.
  3. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style Very Likeable!

That’s what I thought, just my eyes failing me LOL. Thank you kindly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    JackEb likes this.
  4. Vladimir

Vladimir Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

OK, but we know now the trick how and where to stop scrolling when we need to scroll!:D Some thing are real complicated, I could never think how much.
    huskystafford and SiRoxx like this.
  5. Vladimir

Vladimir Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

I'd suggest to make the things as simple as possible. First two titles:

For the beginners (Forum rules and Member Introduction)
    Our equipment (Details, Comparisons, Manuals)

"Let's get painting " sounds strange. I'd change the title. New name would depend on the sub sections, that would be included in the section.

Generally, poetical titles are good and creative, but I don't know how well it would serve for better navigation:)
    JackEb likes this.
  6. Tocean

Tocean Mac-Valve Maestro! Very Likeable!

Ah facebook, it's kind of a lazy all in one site, I can get on see all my favorite things - vans/hotrods/babes, surfing/scuba diving, airbrushing/art, traveling, that said it's a muddy mess. Youtube is the best SBS in my opinion, for everything.

I agree the categories could be streamlined, I just so happened to glimps this thread scrolling down to the open bar section, so forum ideas and open bar could be merged, I'm quite skilled at dropping ideas at the bar btwlol. There are a lot of places to click so I don't go to half the places, for instance, airbrush paints and color the world could be merged, call it simply - Paints and color theory.

I'd agree with a modeler/other section, I've airbrushed my foam sculptures and it seems out of place to post in the same thread where people are posting realistic portraits, so this could be a bit off putting and probably why modelers wouldn't stick around, so build it and they will come? maybe move the pinstripe up and add automotive/pinstriping, I wouldn't want too get crazy with this, 3 categories would be good and be easier for people to post and find what they're into - Illustration - Automotive/Pinstriping - Modeling/other.

I don't think it needs it's own category but maybe a pin in the open bar for "other art", I do some pen and ink on the side over the years and like to share but don't want to make a thread about it.

This forum does have a good group of people, seems confrontation is kept at a minimum, c&c is a tricky one, people should just put it their post if they want it.
    Vladimir, retiredgarnham and JackEb like this.
  7. LadyCharlie

LadyCharlie Elite Member! Elite Member!

I'm a kind-of- sorta- newbie. Two years ago when I stumbled on this forum I thought I hit paradise! I received a warm welcome, sage advice on equipment purchases as I embarked on this new adventure and oodles and oodles of phenomenal artwork. Intimidating and overwhelming for a newbie, yet so inspiring. Fast forward to today where I can just now literally hold my airbrush and begin my journey. I love this place and be warned....I'm staying! My only gripe is I HATE the "Like" button. I want to say so much more and oooo and ahhh but I don't want to sound stupid....so I retreat and hit Like. Ugh!! The caliber of work here merits far more than "Like". One more thing....I do not get easily offended. Hit me with your best shot!

Cheers!
    SiRoxx, doc1 and JackEb like this.
  8. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

That’s an interesting idea - get rid of the like button....
    doc1 likes this.
  9. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Yes, we’re looking at options. I can’t remember if I mentioned it earlier in this thread or not but possibly a ‘helpful’ -> ‘not helpful’ range of options is on the wish list.
    There are a few things happening behind the scenes and although nothing is likely to happen tomorrow we’re hopeful that 2020 will produce a fresh look/feel to the forum :ninja:
    Vladimir, doc1, SiRoxx and 1 other person like this.
  10. Franc Kaiser

Franc Kaiser Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

We’re all looking forward to 2020! Keep up the great work, guys!
    SiRoxx, LadyCharlie and JackEb like this.
  11. Zotilraxx

Zotilraxx Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Been out doing my alter ego stuff and I see that I have missed quite a lot.. I will have to read this thread until the end (and take notes) before i can answer with any sense...
    SiRoxx and JackEb like this.