frisket cutting

T

tau

Point : I'm pretty far blind.
Point : I bought from frisket (clear sheet )
Point : I ordered some matte sheets
Point : See #1

I printed out a random image of something I want to paint, placed the friscket on my canvas, attempted to get to bubble / lump free.
Placed image over and proceeded to cut. Except...I can't seem to cut the frisket through the paper. It's not think, its standard printer paper. Due to the vision, I am going extremely slowly (and it's a new exacto).

Anyone have advice on working with frisket ? My free hand sketching skills (again, see #1) are shockingly bad :\ So I have to use something to get the base piece over to my canvas/paper. I do have a projector and an ipad with the proper cable, and time willing I'll try that tomorrow night.

Advice appreciated.

Carbon paper , Trace image on to canvas or painting surface , apply frisket ,Cut frisket ,Paint,,

When you try laying the paper over the frisket you run the risk of the paper shifting and then you have a layout that you can not use.
I have tried that and it did not work so well.
But the way I have up top works great for me. That is when I use frisket..
You can also just print a couple of copy of the picture and cut section you need out of them to map out your painting.

What brand of frisket did yo get? The real "Frisket" is pretty thin and it does not take much to cut through it. I have Artool's artmask and the stuff is nasty. It is thick as signmaking vinyl. I only use it on canvas panels these days.

In the beginning I use to practice by attaching it to normal photo copy paper and try and cut so that I do nit cut through the paper. It helps to get a feel for the stuff.

Back