From Badger with love....

Is there a benefit to either one or are they very similar and is it alot better then the master brand?

"Master" & "Veda" are the cheap Chinese knock offs, getting a good one is like winning the lottery.
They are not even close to being in the same quality of the 'name ' brands

I've noticed the patriot is only like 80 bucks compared to the eclipse which is 130 is there much of a difference

Nope.

Our PRO-Production Series, which is comparable to Iwatas Eclipse Series, are both designed to and will handle similar airbrush applications. Both offer varying needle/nozzle sizes (.3, .5, .7) and will provide comparable spray/atomization performance with commonly used airbrush media (acrylics, enamels, lacquers, urethanes, etc.). IMO, You cannot go wrong with either.

Yep, it's ridiculous!! I use the spectratex black over the wicked. Smoother and has better coverage too!

Josh

Thanks all for the nice introduction. 40+ replies to an introduction thread. I'm impressed. LOL

Michaels is the best storefront source for Badger products, including Spectratex paints.

Many times the paints are stored away due to theft concerns, which is understandable. Locate a store staff member and they'll help you access the paints. When we redesigned the department for 2012, we probably should have given more consideration to a better more secure paint display - so Michaels could safely present the product. I'm already discussing some of the issues you guys are having with the people at Michaels - in hopes of them having a better, even more consumer friendly, airbrush department in the reasonably near future.

Hey Ken. I have been doing some research on your products and they all look like solid brushes. I have only used Iwata and I love my Eclipse. I have never even held a Badger. I have been looking at purchasing a fine detail brush like the Kustom Micron, but that brush is between 5 to $600.00. The parts are almost as much as a new airbrush. I have been looking into the Krome. I like how it comes with two different nozzle/needle sizes and it is made right here in good ol' U.S.A. The only thing I have heard that was a flaw on the Krome was the paint cup lid doesn't fit tight and can fall off. Can you give me your personal opinion about the Krome against a brush like the Micron? Thanks.

Hey Ken. I have been doing some research on your products and they all look like solid brushes. I have only used Iwata and I love my Eclipse. I have never even held a Badger. I have been looking at purchasing a fine detail brush like the Kustom Micron, but that brush is between 5 to $600.00. The parts are almost as much as a new airbrush. I have been looking into the Krome. I like how it comes with two different nozzle/needle sizes and it is made right here in good ol' U.S.A. The only thing I have heard that was a flaw on the Krome was the paint cup lid doesn't fit tight and can fall off. Can you give me your personal opinion about the Krome against a brush like the Micron? Thanks.

Hab,

They are both excellent finite detail airbrushes. The Micron has a slightly finer needle/nozzle aperture I believe - so it may atomize the slightest bit finer. That being said - the Krome is capable of producing 80 micron dots and hairlines. Both products are conscientiously crafted and manufactured, making them reliable and precise in their quality.

Personally, I hate the metal lids - they are either to tight, causing a 'jarring' of the airbrush when removing them, or too lose causing them to fall off if you move to drastically during your airbrushing. I love the vinyl cap lids because they fit securely and come off easily. The artists who designed the Krome wanted a metal lid because they thought it made it seem higher quality. In my opinion the caps function is paramount to its perception, so the vinyl is better.

Hope that helps. If anyone thinks this spam - I apologize, I just wanted to answer Habs question. In the future I will defer people to my email address with questions of this nature. Thought of that after I typed all of this - and knew I would forget what I said if I asked Hab to email at this stage of my reply. :)

Oh, and the Krome comes with an adpator to your Iwata hoses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken ,
I welcome the thoughts of an owner and designer of any airbrush. I for one look forward to reading your post , One it aids me in comparing what each of your airbrushes can do and what they are design to do best.
Yes , I started airbrushing with a 30+ year old paasche because it was free and I wanted to see if I liked it when I started. Than I bought an Iwata Eclipse CS because between Hobby Lobby and Michael's art store, Hobby Lobby was the only one who actually had the airbrushes in stock. Michael's told me they would have to order it from the warehouse. So availability was an issue.
I am about who has them in stock on the self (or even in a lock case) Plus selection of paint color, Michael's show to carry only about 10 different colors and most of them are fluorescent colors , The Tint White and pale orange work great, I also like your airbrush cleaner, I use it when I am finished for the day.But I wish you could cut a deal with Michael's to stock more of your colors and about keeping airbrushes stocked as well.
Otherwise I may have been using Badger this entire time instead of Iwata.
So I do thank you for taking time to answer questions asked on this forum .

Thanks Ken for your input. I have seen reviews where people did put those lids on from I believe their Patriots. Looks like I will have to order one of those lids with it. I forgot to ask if the Krome has the Teflon bearing for Urethane's or is it something you have to add in the order? Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Micron said it perfect. I don't think it is Spam if you answer a question about your product. I can't speak for everyone but what better way to get info about a product than straight from the manufacture/owner themselves. I think it is awesome that you take the time to inform us about your product.

Thanks Ken for your input. I have seen reviews where people did put those lids on from I believe their Patriots. Looks like I will have to order one of those lids with it. I forgot to ask if the Krome has the Teflon bearing for Urethane's or is it something you have to add in the order? Thanks again.

Inner seals are all urethane friendly - so no need to special order anything.

Hab,

They are both excellent finite detail airbrushes. The Micron has a slightly finer needle/nozzle aperture I believe - so it may atomize the slightest bit finer. That being said - the Krome is capable of producing 80 micron dots and hairlines. Both products are conscientiously crafted and manufactured, making them reliable and precise in their quality.

Personally, I hate the metal lids - they are either to tight, causing a 'jarring' of the airbrush when removing them, or too lose causing them to fall off if you move to drastically during your airbrushing. I love the vinyl cap lids because they fit securely and come off easily. The artists who designed the Krome wanted a metal lid because they thought it made it seem higher quality. In my opinion the caps function is paramount to its perception, so the vinyl is better.

Hope that helps. If anyone thinks this spam - I apologize, I just wanted to answer Habs question. In the future I will defer people to my email address with questions of this nature. Thought of that after I typed all of this - and knew I would forget what I said if I asked Hab to email at this stage of my reply. :)

Oh, and the Krome comes with an adpator to your Iwata hoses.

Sir. I don't think any will consider this spam, nor should they!! The name Badger is a top the food chain as far as airbrushes are ranked in my mind. You not selling time shares and Elvis Presley printed dinner plates, or velvet blankets with Hank Williams Jr on them, lol!! Thank goodness cause I would buy them ;)
When someone thinks airbrush brands they think Iwata, h&s or badger. I knew badger name brand before I got into this, and it was my first 2 years ago, just didn't want a bottom feed so I got a dagr. Wish I didn't do that, lol!!
I think if the thread title says badger, and the authors name is badger :) I don't expect to hear a whole lot about iwatas, lol! I tell ya what, if I had a company and wanted to talk about the "Seamonkey" brand airbrush, that would be funny, but I would do it a lot!!
I think hearing all this is a good thing for people to keep an open mind about this. Trust me this topic gets started 1or 2 times a day and we all give our 2 cents about or views in it. Honestly I would rather hear fact from the horses mouth (you) than the later.

Disclaimer: I am in no way comparing you to a horses mouth, or any other body part of a horse........ Just to be sure, I thought I would throw that out there Ottis :)

Josh

I think it is part of welcoming you to the forum is welcoming your input as well. The same we do for anyone else.

My first AB was a badger anthem 155 cause thats what the local art supply sold then switched to Iwata and then got a harder& steenbeck. I feel badgers real game changer was the renegade series. Up until then I had no thoughts on them I had always looked at them as model builders brush. I bought one and was in the process of doing a comparison article between it and the paashe talon as they were released about the same time. Wanted to promote American airbrush companies as see if they made a product up to the Japanese and German quality. Things went a little crazy with the site I was writing it for and it never made publish but hands down it is a awesome detail brush. My only complaint on it was I couldn't get the air control with my finger like I could on some other brushes which is not a big deal as most don't do this any ways. Ken was always there to answer any of my questions and that airbrush changed my views on badger and there company. I was amazed on the detail this AB was producing for me along with the pricetag. I have yet to try the chrome but it is on my list to get. I would have one already but do to the new little one my finances are allot tighter. Also I see a bigger industry change through out the years with the economy being the way it is. Any one who knows me from other forums I have been at for years and know I used to paint mostly cars and bikes. Now I'm more about fine art and spreading my knowlege. I own 14 different airbrushs right now 7 different brands and the badger falls into the top 3. You can't beat the detail and cost along with the cost of parts. Sorry got on a ramble here. Here was the piece I was working on with just the velocity and the talon. I still need to finish it and only american AB's are allowed for this one. Done in goldens AB colors don't be fooled by the iwata in the pic it wasn't used. I still have it and it looks exactly the same as in this pic. I think it will come out after I finish the series I'm working on. DSC02502.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome KEN, You have a well earned reputation for yourknowledge and personally taking care of a problems promptly and courteously. Ican say from first hand dealings with ken and His letter head says a lot aboutthe man and his character. Having the president and CEO of badger is as good adviceas it gets. Thanks ken and I sorry about the mess up on the letter you wrote me but my heartwas in the right place. As soon as I posted it I got a bunch of people jumpingto defend you. A pleasure to know I you and I hope youall the best, bentoad (Keep um coming) BRUCE WILLIAMS

Thanks all for the nice introduction. 40+ replies to an introduction thread. I'm impressed. LOL

Michaels is the best storefront source for Badger products, including Spectratex paints.

Many times the paints are stored away due to theft concerns, which is understandable. Locate a store staff member and they'll help you access the paints. When we redesigned the department for 2012, we probably should have given more consideration to a better more secure paint display - so Michaels could safely present the product. I'm already discussing some of the issues you guys are having with the people at Michaels - in hopes of them having a better, even more consumer friendly, airbrush department in the reasonably near future.

In my local location it is not a problem of the paint are locked away , There is only black,tint white,opaque white,peach and airbrush cleaner, Oh and light brown, No primary colors than they carry about 4 or 5 of the fluorescent colors. When I ask the store staff and manager about why they carried such a limited supply of colors , He reply was Ï don't know that is what the shelf numbers call for."

On the Badger airbrushes they have a card hanging on the wall, I asked if they held the airbrushes in a secured area , The manager told me no, that you take the card to the front and the ring it up than I had the option of having it sent to the store for free and they call me when it comes in , Or pay shipping and have it sent to my house.

As a lot of us on here and many different sites , I try any makers airbrush paint. Why because I want to see what works best for me and the way I paint.
So my only request is could you talk to Michael's to at least include the primary colors in all their stores?

Thanks for your time.

Hab , Being a micron is mainly designed for fine detail work , and the CM-C+ comes with a nice sized cup , Why would you even consider the Kustom? Yes the parts do come with a price tag, But by the time you invest that much money into a micron you care for it like a new born baby.
But their are more affordable detail airbrushes on the market , and Badger rates up there with them.

In my local location it is not a problem of the paint are locked away , There is only black,tint white,opaque white,peach and airbrush cleaner, Oh and light brown, No primary colors than they carry about 4 or 5 of the fluorescent colors. When I ask the store staff and manager about why they carried such a limited supply of colors , He reply was Ï don't know that is what the shelf numbers call for."

On the Badger airbrushes they have a card hanging on the wall, I asked if they held the airbrushes in a secured area , The manager told me no, that you take the card to the front and the ring it up than I had the option of having it sent to the store for free and they call me when it comes in , Or pay shipping and have it sent to my house.

As a lot of us on here and many different sites , I try any makers airbrush paint. Why because I want to see what works best for me and the way I paint.
So my only request is could you talk to Michael's to at least include the primary colors in all their stores?

Thanks for your time.

Mr. Micron,

I don't want to inconvenience you in any way - but can you email me (kenbadger@aol.com) the location of the Michaels you go to? They're all supposed to have the airbrushes in locked cases at the storefront. When you bring the place card to the register - they give you the airbrush. Patriot is the green card/green box, anthem is blue, 200 is orange. I'djust like to check with corportae if they're doing anything different at select stores.

Back