Full grain leather look help please

Ok, the washed dryer sheet will give me the texture I need, I even solved how to get it to sit flat against the paper- small quilting hoop
Ta-dah
IMG_3692.JPG

Now my current issue is how to get the light colour to show on white paper.
I've tried a cream colour on the white but it's almost invisible.
Should I do a darker shade as a base then then cream on top or vice versa. The highlights aren't a problem. I've enough erasers to do the job.
Here's a printed copy of my digital image so ignore the pinkish colour down the left hand side.

PS, this is going to be an A3 size. What is seen here is about 2/3rd of the width.
IMG_3690.JPG

dark to light. once you get that done then the cream should show up a lot better.

Thanks Herb.
After my battles with the Indian I'm overthinking this one I think.

Thought about your issue and using the trick with these sheets and it seems to work from dark to light is a solution, but I think, if applying dark base first and after the creamy colour, you'll have blue colour shift... The question how to deal with that. Can not say.
It would be possible to work from light to dark without any issues. But it's not a solution in this case.

Nice tip how to straighten the cloth!:thumbsup: Now you have me wondering where to get those dryer sheets! Never new about the existence of them:)
Checked for Remay I have at home. Seems like paint wouldn't go through it as there no space between "veins" for the paint to go. Maybe your Remay is different.

@Vladimir - the dryer sheets are found where you get laundry washing detergent. They're not common here in Australia because we don't need to use clothes dryers very often.
I've been playing around with colour combinations. One that seems to work at the moment is a light base of "vile green" and a top of 'old bone white' (both Createx illustration bloodline series.) I'll do a light glaze/wash of 'dermatitis tan' to see if I can get the look. So far colour shift doesn't seem to be an issue.

@Vladimir - the dryer sheets are found where you get laundry washing detergent. They're not common here in Australia because we don't need to use clothes dryers very often.
I've been playing around with colour combinations. One that seems to work at the moment is a light base of "vile green" and a top of 'old bone white' (both Createx illustration bloodline series.) I'll do a light glaze/wash of 'dermatitis tan' to see if I can get the look. So far colour shift doesn't seem to be an issue.

"Vile Green", "Old bone white" and "Dermatitis tan":eek::eek::eek: sounds like Createx make these colours from old decaying corpseso_O lollol

In answer to your previous question about photos of the stuff for upholstery, I didn't actually use that in my case, I just came across it in the shop and they they referred to in Dutch as "Glij stoff" which translates to "Slide material" that doesn't say much in English but it basically allows finishing materials to glide over the corners of projects while protecting the integrity of the foam forms in those areas, but it looks exactly the same as your dryer sheet and the had it in different thicknesses, in my case because I needed a certain degree of padding or cushion type feel, I used a polyester matt similar to those fake snow matts you can get for under the tree, it's just like cotton wool, it does the same job as the drier sheet stuff but allows for a padded build up and can be used for quilting and such.

Oh!!! and that fleecy stuff you mentioned was lining for my guitar case, honestly it was:malicious: I wouldn't lie, unless I had to to get out of troubleo_O

I've googled for those dryer sheets at once I've read those unknown words here:)
I'm not that much to home chemical depts at malls, so haven't seen them or even heard about. Sorry, do not have any wife:D Now, at least, I've got a direction where to search:) To search for the dryer's sheets certainly, as no one knows the direction to search for a wife;)

Please, show what you'll get there:) It's really interesting. I like this texture, great one for custom painting!

Back