Gaahleri - has anyone heard of this brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin F

Double Actioner
Apparently they’ve just introduced an entire range, some compressors, a line of paints, spraybooth and some other stuff. They do some things differently with their airbrushes, such as a nozzle design I haven’t seen before.

I saw it on YouTube and I decided to get a GHAD-68 airbrush and try it out. The airbrush that I got is the one with a pistol grip. I got this one because it seems to feel better in my hand with more control of the paint.

I saw it on YouTube and I decided to get a GHAD-68 airbrush and try it out. The airbrush that I got is the one with a pistol grip. I got this one because it seems to feel better in my hand with more control of the paint.
I’m interested in knowing who this company is. Where they’re made. They seem to have come out of nowhere.

Well I have a Badger airbrush, and a Iwata, and I have some cheap Chinese ones too. Every airbrush has their strong points, and their weak points. It depends on what you are looking for the airbrush to do?

Well I have a Badger airbrush, and a Iwata, and I have some cheap Chinese ones too. Every airbrush has their strong points, and their weak points. It depends on what you are looking for the airbrush to do?
Work? Arrive in the box undamaged? I had a Paasche Talon that had no fewer than three unrelated defects right out of the box. People have been reporting all kinds of QC issues with Badgers as well - they and Paasche aren’t doing much to dispel the stigma behind American manufacturing I guess. I’ve tried Chinese brushes that were laughable. And Iwata should be ashamed to put their name on the Neo line.

It’s Japanese brushes for me or nothing from here on out.

They look all over the place - three mid ranges, one has fixed cup (mid one) other two don't, they have 0.35 needle in cheapest from the three, others have 0.38.... weird product design decisions, and since everything looks the same, I wonder where they come up with such significant price difference reasoning?

I mean, putting 8 chamber nozzle as a distinction between low and high priced I could understand, but all have it. Polishing the cup? Fixed cup? I mean, I can put a glue and make the cup non removable :p

And in addition to that they plan to release even cheaper one, with what specs? And what will be the price, 9? And more expensive one? Will they fix the cup and polish from the outside?

I mean, it's nice that someone wants to enter the market and offer cheaper items. However, from product design this reeks on total inexperience and I can't say I expect them to last long. It would be better to have just two, with distinct pricing and features, so that people really know why they're choosing one over other. Not to mention no one is mentioning parts availability, which is big cons of usual china made brushes so far. With that, they could set themselves apart and shine in the low budget area. Now, I think they're just confusing customers with their offer.

And I think it's could be just one person behind it, at least that's my impression from comments on the official channel. Pros answer with 'we', not 'I' :D

So basically someone got into drop shipping, and asked for a few things changed and maybe even from different suppliers, otherwise I don't have any logical explanation why mix with 0.38 and 0.35 needle.

Weird, but hey, anyone can be an entrepreneur and who knows maybe they get the piece of market they're aiming for.
I'll prefer someone who doesn't look confused by their product design decisions / choices.

They look all over the place - three mid ranges, one has fixed cup (mid one) other two don't, they have 0.35 needle in cheapest from the three, others have 0.38.... weird product design decisions, and since everything looks the same, I wonder where they come up with such significant price difference reasoning?

I mean, putting 8 chamber nozzle as a distinction between low and high priced I could understand, but all have it. Polishing the cup? Fixed cup? I mean, I can put a glue and make the cup non removable :p

And in addition to that they plan to release even cheaper one, with what specs? And what will be the price, 9? And more expensive one? Will they fix the cup and polish from the outside?

I mean, it's nice that someone wants to enter the market and offer cheaper items. However, from product design this reeks on total inexperience and I can't say I expect them to last long. It would be better to have just two, with distinct pricing and features, so that people really know why they're choosing one over other. Not to mention no one is mentioning parts availability, which is big cons of usual china made brushes so far. With that, they could set themselves apart and shine in the low budget area. Now, I think they're just confusing customers with their offer.

And I think it's could be just one person behind it, at least that's my impression from comments on the official channel. Pros answer with 'we', not 'I' :D

So basically someone got into drop shipping, and asked for a few things changed and maybe even from different suppliers, otherwise I don't have any logical explanation why mix with 0.38 and 0.35 needle.

Weird, but hey, anyone can be an entrepreneur and who knows maybe they get the piece of market they're aiming for.
I'll prefer someone who doesn't look confused by their product design decisions / choices.

Yeah, with the exception of their nozzle design, which I haven’t seen before, and weird flexible needle, everything could be off the shelf China parts. Who knows.

It does appear they’ve been very responsive to questions, which already puts them a step above the usual Amazon China garbage. They even gave the first person who commented on their channel a free airbrush. If they provide good customer support these could be a good entry level option.

Chinese, for sure. Veda had a very similar brush several years ago, with a British company importing, and branding them. Drop in nozzles similar to the H&S, interchangeable cups, etc... I have on of them, as well as maybe an Ophire branded brush that is similar, but clunkier in construction.

Chinese, for sure. Veda had a very similar brush several years ago, with a British company importing, and branding them. Drop in nozzles similar to the H&S, interchangeable cups, etc... I have on of them, as well as maybe an Ophire branded brush that is similar, but clunkier in construction.
I started my journey with 2 Veda brushes well aware that they were hit and miss. After the first few sessions I realised I was hooked and ordered an Iwata CS, we don't have next day delivery here in Australia but before my Iwata arrived one of the Veda just didn't want to play properly.

with any brand of brush I'd be asking myself if I was confident that parts would still be available years down the track, how long do you have to wait for parts, I chose Iwata purely because they have a great reputation, parts are easily available locally for me

Have you found any negatives?
They sent me a Premium with the .38 needle/nozzle. Now, this doesn’t have the “trick” nozzle the Ace line has. My experience is limited with the brush so far as I’ve only had it for about two weeks and haven’t used it that much, but initial impressions are that it’s of lower quality than my GSI brushes - cheaper construction, flimsier parts, a loose feeling needle chuck thread etc. It‘s nice that they sent a quick disconnect fitting with it but the inside diameter is much smaller than the ones I have…weird. It doesn’t seem to flow as much air as my other brushes, even with the right fitting on it. I experienced some clogging trying to spray Stynylrez and some varnishes, but that may be due to the fact that I really should have used a .5 brush for those types of chemicals.

I’ll put it this way…I’m not going to pick it up to spray the top coat on the Tamiya F-14 I’ve been building for a month. I just don’t have that kind of confidence in it..yet. I’m trying to give them the benefit of the doubt though, as unlike most Chinese companies they seem to be going above and beyond with their customer service. In the next week or so I’ll spray some test color coats on a mule and give it a fair shake.

In my opinion the pricing is too high. It should be $40 less. For the same price I can buy a PS-289 Procon Boy which is an Iwata HP-CS quality brush.

Odd that they don't all have the same "trick" nozzle. I assumed they all shared the same nozzle design. One thing I find odd, I can't seem to find their main website.

Odd that they don't all have the same "trick" nozzle. I assumed they all shared the same nozzle design. One thing I find odd, I can't seem to find their main website.

I don’t think they have a web site. Anyway, the nozzle probably explains why they sent me this particular brush for free. Barbatos Rex on YouTube raves about their brushes, but I see they sent him one of everything - I hope he’s being objective, but I’ve noticed this - he hasn’t been using them in his subsequent videos since his reviews. He still uses his Badgers and GSIs and what not for his normal paint reviews…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back