Gaahleri - has anyone heard of this brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in the wire industry although its on the non ferrous side so the tolerance may be different. Some of the wire we recieving as samples is truly shocking! Going to places you least expect to have poor tolerances such as medical and space sectors.

Our equipment is required to perform with wires +-3% of the wire diameter. The wire in general is a tighter tolerance than that so there is a margin for them.

I can tell you that the Japanese firms we supply are without doubt the fussiest and their tolerances are tight. I believe as a whole industry in Japan seems to strive for perfection, which can only be admired.

I work in the wire industry although its on the non ferrous side so the tolerance may be different. Some of the wire we recieving as samples is truly shocking! Going to places you least expect to have poor tolerances such as medical and space sectors.

Our equipment is required to perform with wires +-3% of the wire diameter. The wire in general is a tighter tolerance than that so there is a margin for them.

I can tell you that the Japanese firms we supply are without doubt the fussiest and their tolerances are tight. I believe as a whole industry in Japan seems to strive for perfection, which can only be admired.
Though if we're after precision, you will likely not be buying wires but instead shafts. Those are made to precision and have tight tolerances in size and straightness.

An example would be a 1mm * 200mm stainless steel shaft from McMaster for $7. Diameter tolerance is -0.005mm to 0mm, and straightness tolerance is 0.12 mm per 300 mm.

But considering the cost, I would guess more expensive airbrushes will use such requirements. Such precision is mainly for consistency between different needles and replacement needles so that there won't be a need to adjust the packing nut. It doesn't make huge difference to spray performance but it would be something to strive for.

Though in all honesty, I don't have any experience in manufacturing, so I'm just making guesses based on observation. No clue what airbrush manufacturers use or do to produce airbrush needles.

But back on to the topic of Gaahleri, the GHAD-39 nozzle and aircaps are interchangeable with that Taobao airbrush. Interestingly, when I swap the 0.5mm aircap between the two, it fixes the delay that I had on the Taobao brush. Neither airbrush have a delay with a swapped aircap so it might suggest there's a tolerance issue between parts and my Taobao airbrush happened to have the worst combination for the 0.5mm. Can't really see what exactly is off. If I had some fancy equipment to measure the whole geometry of the aircap and nozzles, the issue might be more obvious.

Yeah didn't you just get a new harder and steenbeck? 😆
i got two more coming off ali express too... right now im trying to source a .45 setup for the evo. Its likely ill grab an infinity when they are available. The Mobius would be good to have for viewership, but i'm not sure I wanna spend what they are asking based on what ive seen with the others. And I think i burned my one free pass at "free" from them. At least i havent been messaged asking me to try the mobius..

When I saw the use of regular pliers I almost reported it as a hate crime.
that was a peek behind the curtain if I ever saw one (reference to the Wizard of Oz). And, to follow that scene up talking about "precision calibration..." The whole shebang is a shame, hocking cheap wears at premium prices with slick advertising. It amazes me how quickly people bought into this one...

To answer the OP question, Yes, we have heard of this airbrush. The general consensus is:

In the form it’s in now it is simply another lower class china airbrush.
Pretty packaging, slick videos, and hand selected airbrushes to influencers notwithstanding.

There have been good technical posts in this thread that until I read it in its entirety - from page one, today, would never have seen.
I am not alone in this. Many members have heard of this brush and are not interested in it, or reading about it.

As such, until they get their act together and provide a reliable product to the general public, this thread is closed. I’m thinking 3 to 6 months, if ever.

That said, if you did post a technical answer to a question, or educational general airbrush post and would like to present it in the correct area, please send me a PM and we will copy it to a new thread that more eyes will see and more members will benefit from.

Thank you,

Just Browsing, Administrator
airbrushfourm.org Mod / Admin Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back