Gaahleri Mobius any good? For me Yes

Skippolino

Triple Actioner
Hey all,
first of all I have to admit, i am an absolute beginner in airbrushing. I call 2 Gaahleri and 2 H&S my own. I herad lots of bad things about the Gaahleri and i am sure it's not just hot air. Gaahleri hat some serious spreading in quality in the past i guess. BUT my 2 Mobius are really well crafted, and there are no restings from the production (like in the past) in my airguns. I also must say, that i like the 0.3mm Mobius much better than my H&S Ultra (0.4mm). The Handle and the feel is completely different between those two. The Mobius is imho better than the H&S, but this is clearely subjective. On the other side, the H&S infinity (0.2mm) pleases me much better than the Mobius (0.2mm) i can't tell exactely how it comes. I would really love the valve to lower the preasure on the gun on the H&S, but that's the only thing. Personally i wouldn't say, that one Brand is better than the other. H&S has tradition, but Gaahleri has some really nice guns too. But what i can say: The finish in the Cup is far better on the Gaahleri Mobius, than on any H&S. For long term use, i can't say nothing on any of the manufacturers...time will show, but for a beginner, i would really recommend the Gaahleri Mobius Series..they are really nice in quality an Price. Just to check, if the hobby is for you, get you a Gaahleri. I ordered a China Set with brush, Compressor and hose. The Gun in this set, you can use for Primer, and good it is. The compressors in these Sets are not that bad for a start, but for the Gun, get something with some reasonable quality, otherwise you wont have fun.
To answer the Title: Yes, Gaahleri CAN be good guns if you catch e good batch. But of what i heard, if you have any issues, Gaahleri is fast in exchanging parts for nothing.

This is just my opinion and my experiences. If there are any issues with MY Gaahleri Brushes, i will write it honest here.

P.S. i like the look of the Mobius

do a search of the forum for Gaahleri and you'll get some insight from well respected members of their own personal opinions of the brand.

I have been thinking about this thread. . .
While I understand that you have given what your opinion of the brush is, I am also concerned that as a self confessed 'total newb' to airbrushing your experience with airbrushes is limited. It's like buying your first car, you don't know enough to have an informed decision.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to review your brushes but stating the Gaahleri is better than the H&S is ridiculous. It may feel/look better but until you have been using an airbrush for a year or two then you cannot state as fact what is a good performance brush and what is not.

Gaahleri is known for supplying replacement parts if needed. Great. but do I want to be waiting for replacement parts for the replacement parts they sent a month ago ? No. !! If they can't ship a product without the need to rely on the end user to complain this/that piece isn't working then that is a company I cannot endorse. They obviously have no concern for the end user and will ship a product and wait and see what the reaction is. they have relied on clever marketing on all the socials and provide free product to people that have very little knowledge of what a good product is. If they were truely after endorsement from the airbrush community they would have sent samples to the heavy hitters in the industry - if they did in fact send samples to those people, then the silence from the heavy hitters has been deafening.

My advise to any newcomer is 'buyer beware' a small cost for such a precision instrument should indicate to proceed with caution. If you buy an untested newcomer product then be prepared.

I am not against people buying brushes like the Gaahleri, we all start somewhere, I started with 2 generic brushes that I thought were amazing. . . until I bought an Iwata then I realised what the difference a superior product makes.

i didn't said that the Gaahleri is better than the H&S...i said i LIKE it better. But sure i see your Point of view, and its good to bring also arguments agains my opinion. Well maybe i got a good Batch, but people should also hear about the not so good Batches.

i didn't said that the Gaahleri is better than the H&S...i said i LIKE it better. But sure i see your Point of view, and its good to bring also arguments agains my opinion. Well maybe i got a good Batch, but people should also hear about the not so good Batches.

Oh but you DID say in your opinion the Mobius is better than the H&S (although subjective)
. . .
The Handle and the feel is completely different between those two. The Mobius is imho better than the H&S, but this is clearely subjective. On the other side, the H&S infinity (0.2mm) pleases me much better than the Mobius (0.2mm) i can't tell exactely how it comes. I would really love the valve to lower the preasure on the gun on the H&S, but that's the only thing. Personally i wouldn't say, that one Brand is better than the other. H&S has tradition, but Gaahleri has some really nice guns too. But what i can say: The finish in the Cup is far better on the Gaahleri Mobius, than on any H&S. For long term use, i can't say nothing on any of the manufacturers...time will show, but for a beginner, i would really recommend the Gaahleri Mobius Series..they are really nice in quality an Price. Just to check, if the hobby is for you, get you a Gaahleri. I ordered a China Set with brush, Compressor and hose. The Gun in this set, you can use for Primer, and good it is. The compressors in these Sets are not that bad for a start, but for the Gun, get something with some reasonable quality, otherwise you wont have fun.
To answer the Title: Yes, Gaahleri CAN be good guns if you catch e good batch. But of what i heard, if you have any issues, Gaahleri is fast in exchanging parts for nothing.

This is just my opinion and my experiences. If there are any issues with MY Gaahleri Brushes, i will write it honest here.

P.S. i like the look of the Mobius
I accept that the sentence I underlined above is just your opinion on how the brushes feel, rather than perform. Maybe English isn't your first language and I may have misunderstood. But in the sentence in red, there you claim the Gaahleri is better than ANY H&S ! (of which you own 2)

Last edited:
that's true, and it is still mY opinion. I know it's not better than the Infinity but for me the 0.3 Mobius feels better, and i can work better with, than with the 0.4 H&S Ultra.

Maybe English isn't your first language and
Yes english isn't my first language..i'm from switzerland. And you are absolutely right...when i read it again, it implies that the Gaahleri IS better than any H&S which is absolutely not true. I Love my Infinity and wouldnt exchange it to a Gaahlery 🤪

Notice the cheapo no name ones on Amazon are exactly the same as the Gaahleri stuff lol. They are all just the same cheap stuff, Gaahleri just has a marketing team behind them to really scam people

Attachments

• IMG_0052.png
    IMG_0052.png
    820.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0053.png
    IMG_0053.png
    660.2 KB · Views: 20
Notice the cheapo no name ones on Amazon are exactly the same as the Gaahleri stuff lol. They are all just the same cheap stuff, Gaahleri just has a marketing team behind them to really scam people
Their far from looking like the Gaahleri. They look more like Iwata's but the screw in cup is like others out there.

Back