Getting a Badger Air-Brush Co 105 Patriot ~Advice needed.

T

Teraurel

Hello again everyone. I've gotten the gun finally on order and it should be here soon. My problem is I'm not sure of what to get aside from it. I was looking at another post on here by Centralclb as it seems he got the same gun and the majority of the post is about hoses, filters, adapters, etc. I guess to make it short I didn't really think things through and from youtube videos you really don't noticed all the "extras" needed to airbrush.
So if anyone would be kind enough to take the time to map things out for me aka a shopping list. I'd appreciate it.
Thank you again for all your time and help.

Sincerely Sam,

It's all a matter of preference to what all you will née to do this. The main things are brush, hose, compressor, water trap off of you hose, airbrush holder, and paint ..... Well you also new paper or something to paint on :) there is nothing wrong with just starting with the bare essentials. You will find out in a hurry what you will want and need once you start. I would go to coast airbrush an just browse and you can figure out what everything does and go from there.

Josh

I found that first I got the quick disconnects and moisture trap for my airbrush hose. Then I picked up a micro valve for it as well and I leave my regulator at around 35psi and adjust my micro valve to how my paint is reduced, which is in line with my quick disconnect and moisture trap. I also have a moisture trap coming of my compressor. These are just little things I added to my set up.

Hello again everyone. I've gotten the gun finally on order and it should be here soon. My problem is I'm not sure of what to get aside from it. I was looking at another post on here by Centralclb as it seems he got the same gun and the majority of the post is about hoses, filters, adapters, etc. I guess to make it short I didn't really think things through and from youtube videos you really don't noticed all the "extras" needed to airbrush.
So if anyone would be kind enough to take the time to map things out for me aka a shopping list. I'd appreciate it.
Thank you again for all your time and help.

Sincerely Sam,

Hey Sam, In addition to the excellent assistance you'll get in this forum regarding equipment needs, usage help, skill development, etc. please feel free to email me at kenbadger@aol.com with any questions you have. the one thing I'll promise, and others will attest to, is that I won't suggest you purhcase anything that won't legitimately serve your needs or make your airbrushing experience more successful and enjoyable.

Depending on what you specifically bought - I can tell you what hose/adaptors you'll need. You'll need paints, those will depend on your what you want to do - but a good aibrush ready acrylic set will be good for initial practice and development purposes. Templates maybe useful - I'll leave it to the resident artists here to give you suggestions on what's most necessary in that regard. DO NOT BUY CLEANING TOOLS - they are not needed if you follow simple in process cleaning methods. They damage more airbrushes than they clean. Not sure entirely what you want to do, but some good forgiving practice paper and then some tighter paper (once you're more comfortable with the airbrush) will be good to practice on, and I always think coloring books make for a good practice tool. airbrush lubes like Badger Needle Juice or Iwata Super lube will help to slow down tip dry, and reduce the frustration it will cause as you start out. Anywho, those are some of my thoughts - again feel free to email me for more info.

Oh and I think there's some vids you can watch around here somewhere. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back