Getting black

Have you tried mixing the opaque black with the comart medium it helps flow quite a bit and certainly reduces the grainy effect. I too like to mix a little blue with the black to get a nice rich black.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
To be honest, I hadn't even thought of looking for that product. Lol, wow, I have every reducer for Createx, yet none of comarts reducers or intercoats...and I didn't even realize it until you mentioned it. I'll definitely order some and give it a try. What ratio do you cut your black with blue? Do you do the same for transparent black? If so, do you use a transparent blue?

To be honest, I hadn't even thought of looking for that product. Lol, wow, I have every reducer for Createx, yet none of comarts reducers or intercoats...and I didn't even realize it until you mentioned it. I'll definitely order some and give it a try. What ratio do you cut your black with blue? Do you do the same for transparent black? If so, do you use a transparent blue?
I mixed the black and blue, 2 parts black to 1 part blue. I don't use transparent black as it has too much of a brown cast to it , instead I use paynes grey which is a weak mix of black and blue. The ComArt base is not a reducer its purpose is to introduce some transparency to the opaque paint without thinning or reducing it , but it also helps the flow.

I mixed the black and blue, 2 parts black to 1 part blue. I don't use transparent black as it has too much of a brown cast to it , instead I use paynes grey which is a weak mix of black and blue. The ComArt base is not a reducer its purpose is to introduce some transparency to the opaque paint without thinning or reducing it , but it also helps the flow.

Thank you!

Back