Getting Frustrated

Leave out the trans base, you add that to thicken trans paint without affecting colour, so you are using reducer and then thickening again. I'm guessing from your post you had some crud in your nozzle, we've all been there :D I use a hp-cs and wicked opaque white, and works like a charm. Shake the paint and reducer well in the cup, and backflush too as mentioned, and keep an eye on tip dry (paint building up on the tip of the needle) as it can build up and then spit off. Getting your paint/air/reducer right can virtually eliminate tip dry though, and with your nozzle sorted you should be set.

I understand why some of you dislike Wicked White and Detail White. I am so tired of cleaning after using it. I am going to try the illustration white and com art. Any other suggestions?

Holy air pressure Batman!! I boosted my working psi up to 25 and all of the sunned Wicked Detail White starts behaving it's self. I got to thinking about what some have said about it being a bit thicker viscosity even reduced. It's not perfect but it is loads better than what I was getting. Maybe I'll keep plugging away at this after all.

Holy air pressure Batman!! I boosted my working psi up to 25 and all of the sunned Wicked Detail White starts behaving it's self. I got to thinking about what some have said about it being a bit thicker viscosity even reduced. It's not perfect but it is loads better than what I was getting. Maybe I'll keep plugging away at this after all.

25 psi is not that high. All the people talking about very low psi, are likely using very highly reduced paint.

Everyone's sweetspot is slightly different, and sounds like you are almost there. I reckon with a bit of tweaking, a little more reducer or a a few psi more or less, you will find yours, and that paint will work out great for you.

I painted for 8 years at 50 Psi and only started going low pressure when I started on the PPs on here! (I have never been into painting pictures that get hung on the wall).
If you are painting bigger things like Bike s and Cars Etc it would take for ever at 10 or 15 Psi. Horses for courses!

Back