Glow in the dark paint - desperately need help

B

brunettesrule

I need to get some glow in the dark paint for my airbrush URGENTLY because we have 2 disco's to do. We do airbrush tattoos. I have googled to death and can't find anything decent, especially not in Australia. I would prefer ready made paint and not have to water it down. Most of the glow in the dark paints I have found only react under UV light or blacklight. This disco is just in a school hall and will be dark but no blacklight or UV's.

Does anyone know where I can get some, please email me or leave a message here. I'm at my wits end with this and getting desperate!!! :eek: :cry: :mad: :confused: If I have to import from USA, need to order, like yesterday!!!

Cheers Jayne

Before I logged n an advert came up for GITD paint... apparently they don't need UV lights. Check this out...http://www.glowsticksltd.co.nz/glow....html?osCsid=80047d7e970fb1fca27f0ba05657714a
Also read that paint has to be exposed to uv rays outdoors for a minimum 8 hours to be activated. Not viable for face painting.

The problem with glow in the dark is you really only have 2 choices. Blacklight or exposure to uv during the day to charge. Some colors like green will glow if charged with a lamp for a few minutes, but doesn't last maybe 40 min top vs if you have been outside all day it should last 4 hrs. I would experiment with leaving the paint outside all day then paint with it at night and see if works out for you.

Also read that paint has to be exposed to uv rays outdoors for a minimum 8 hours to be activated. Not viable for face painting.

The problem with glow in the dark is you really only have 2 choices. Blacklight or exposure to uv during the day to charge. Some colors like green will glow if charged with a lamp for a few minutes, but doesn't last maybe 40 min top vs if you have been outside all day it should last 4 hrs. I would experiment with leaving the paint outside all day then paint with it at night and see if works out for you.
Ah...cunning scheme!

I know I'm a little late, but I had not thought about charging the paint prior to painting. Just leave the paint in the sun or under a UV light for 8 hours before the event. Then maybe under a UV light while you are painting. As long as it does not damage the paint, it should work.

I typically use black light active paint, but I saw another I have been wanting to try. It is a Sun activated clear. You can mix it into your existing colors or just clear coat the final art to make the whole thing glow. Always thought it would be great for Daytona spring break. Do an invisible tattoo in the morning. They could spend the day on the beach, then it would come to life when they hit the club's that night.

Yer no doubt ya done ya discos maybe already but in Aus ya can get Blacklight Tattoo inks, can't see why ya cldnt spray them through an airbrush but dunno how kinda permanent it may be LOL as they are designed more to go in the skin rather than on it, I did come across another site in Aus that sell the UV's but yer just Googled it so dunno if they are a good supplier or not but check em out maybe for future needs..Good luck :) Looked like Airbrush Megastore also came up in me search so maybe wrth checking what they have too..

http://www.cameleonpaint.com.au/airbrush-paint/

Back