Golden Fluid and Airbrush Medium dries too fast. Help!

M

Melbee

Hi Folks,
I'm using the recommended mix of 1:1 Golden Fluid paint to Airbrush Medium on my T shirt painting but I find the paint dries relatively quickly in the cup which makes cleaning harder work.

Does anyone else use Golden Fluid paints and Airbrush Medium?
Do you also experience this problem?
Have you found a way to help with this by using Golden Retarder or Flow Release? Or something else?

At the moment I find the dried paint gets so gunky in the cup I worry what the inside of my airbrush is like even after heavy use of cleaning fluid. I'm getting to the point of not wanting to use it anymore after I finish this T shirt which would be a shame as its readily available from my local art shops and has a great range of colours.

Or perhaps I've just been spoilt with Com-Art paint which I used on illustration board and was very easy to clean but is sadly, not a fabric paint.
Cheers Mel

I use the golden fluid and find I have to use a lot of medium. Maybe 5 or 6:1 sometimes depending on the pigment. I do not fill up the cup hardly at all and try to work fairly quickly and then a quick rinse with cleaner and then lots of water.

Thanks danair, I'll try a lot more Airbrush Medium and see how that goes.
Be nice to find a better solution than to use small amounts of paint and to have to keep cleaning and re-filling the cup.
Have you tried using Golden Retarder?

I use the golden fluid and find I have to use a lot of medium. Maybe 5 or 6:1 sometimes depending on the pigment. I do not fill up the cup hardly at all and try to work fairly quickly and then a quick rinse with cleaner and then lots of water.

Thanks danair, I upped the Airbrush Medium to paint ratio to 3:1 and it makes it much better qua flow and cleaning.

Back