Golden High Flow

I don't understand why Golden is so expensive. It might be fun to mess with if you had a few bottles laying around, but to invest in their product line is a wallet killer.
I guess you have never bought E'tac LMAO Or HOK :D or Trident (here in the USA)
The colors are more vivid with GHF vs Wicked which means I actual use less paint.

Ok, so I just happened to end up with some Golden acrylics today.
What's the story on their airbrush fluid? Is it magical or will 4012 or 4030 or some other base work just as well?

20181117_133301.jpg

Mainly you can use just straight water with their fluid colors to reduce it , You can mix it in with 4012 or the 4020 for reduction and add it into 4030/4040 to make it more transparent. It does work well with the Wicked and CI products .
That is a pretty good score to bad it is not the High flow.

Very simple rule... use what the manufacturer says and as a rule don't cross mix manufacturers products. It may or may not work.

In this case the manufacturer says use water to reduce! The trans base isn't a reducer it is designed to make the paint more transparent. It is the paint without the pigment effectively. This stuff https://www.goldenpaints.com/technicalinfo_abmedium

I know why GHF is so expensive: It's made in Upstate New York!!! That reminds me, we were supposed to get a tour of the place. I'll have to remind the family next time I'm up that way. No more free samples either, my nephew moved to a different part of the plant! :(

Back