Golden

T

Tat2missyj

After having so many problems with the Createx black and white, I picked up some Golden High Flow Acrylic black and white today. I've not tried the black yet, but the white sprayed like a dream. I can't really compare it to anything but the createx, but it is SOOOOO much better than the createx. I didn't have any clogging problems. Dry tip didn't seem that bad. I wipe my tip frequently, so it doesn't really have time to build up.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, because I know so many of the noobs are having issues with the whites.

MJ

Normal Createx is terrible paint if you are not using a 0.5 nozzle at 50+psi pressure. You must try Com-art or E'tac and then you will be even more shocked at how bad Createx is.

I agree, com art and etac are superb compared. Trident isn't too bad either now I filter it before use.

lee

After having so many problems with the Createx black and white, I picked up some Golden High Flow Acrylic black and white today. I've not tried the black yet, but the white sprayed like a dream. I can't really compare it to anything but the createx, but it is SOOOOO much better than the createx. I didn't have any clogging problems. Dry tip didn't seem that bad. I wipe my tip frequently, so it doesn't really have time to build up.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, because I know so many of the noobs are having issues with the whites.

MJ
Hey MJ. Just ordered some of these for myself. Have you tried reducing them at all? I'm just worried that the 1oz bottle is going to last all of about a week using it straight.

Yes, have a few of the High flow colours now and I love them - very good value for money too. You know you are getting quality lightfast pigments from Golden too. After reading so much about Createx I recently bought a bottle from the opaque range and thought it was pretty bad, needed thinning and seemed very transparent even before that. Very expensive too.

I use the transparents in the Liquitex Ink range for glazing as well, they are nice. This is all for canvases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back