Good afternoon, how do you do?

P

Pimpin gimp

Greetings from the UK.

im a bit of an amateur, used an airbrush about 3 times and fancy doing a bit more, where better to learn from than the Internet eh?

8a5cb9e0.jpg
92846b06.jpg

2d9fb5a8.jpg

So there we go, that's the only thing I've done so far, anything else was just a spot of shading when spraying. No idea what materials to use, the helmet was painted using automotive paint thinned down, and everything was done with straight white basecoat and custom mixed candy that I created with mid coat clear and concentrates.

I use a paasche brush with a gravity cup, think its a VL or something.

I'm pretty much here to find out what paints to use for helmets and bikes, I figure auto air but will ask the question in the correct forum.

Nice to meet you all.

Ryan.

Welcome from Holland. If these are images after using it 3 times you should perhaps seriously consider spending more time on airbrushing... Gravity cup Paasche, would that be a VJR?

Welcome from florida . I am new also. If you did that helmet You are off and running. Great people on this site and exceptional talent that share everything with each other. good luck and I will be watching to see your work. bentoad

Hi from the uk, you've come to the right place. Looks like you're off to a good start, take some time and check out the tutorials, and don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Welcome to the forum Pimpin. Boy, talk about natural talent, That is exelent painting.
Ignis, it could also maybe be a Paasche Talon.

Welcome Ryan!! That helmet is pretty flippin sweet, I think the sky is the limit for you my friend!!

Josh

That's the only thing I've ever done that I would consider as airbrushed, the only other thing I did had some small hot spots and shadows put on.

Thanks for the kind words.

I spent about 4 weeks on the lid, just a few hours here and there, the carbon effect was a 2 min spur of the moment thing! The flames I did after watching a few YouTube tutorials, surprisingly easy.
The skulls were a pain, I struggled to keep the stencils in the right place...

Im sure the airbrush is a VL or a VM, it came as a set with a compressor I bought for £40, yup, I got a £100ish air brush for free! Good times. Need a new thin needle for it though as I dropped the airbrush with the cap off when I was cleaning it.

I do a bit of pinstriping too, albeit badly, and I struggle to get the paint to the correct consistency as that's not something you can learn from YouTube! I blame a lot of crappiness on the brushes, but every other bugger seems to manage!

Ur flames are really good, very cool.
Look forward on seeing more.
Lovely work.

D578D470-E300-4F68-A54E-BBB2947DEFCB-4592-00000261AE9CC2A7.jpg
C7F2C74A-3DA8-4955-9963-F42679BFE228-4592-00000261AB4B7B8F.jpg

How it looks at the moment, the peak is literally the pinnacle of my pinstriping, horrible line thickness and weight, but it's therapeutic so I'll stick with it.

yay, another striper! Don't worry, I'm on the same level as u, ull learn to copy the sides, i had this drawing and airbrush background when i started so copying sides ill come, doesn't look bad.

Thats a nice and sturdy first brush u got, verry nice, its on my list.

It's a beauty, it's got a nice bit of chunk so is very comfortable to use.

That's the only thing I've ever done that I would consider as airbrushed, the only other thing I did had some small hot spots and shadows put on.

Thanks for the kind words.

I spent about 4 weeks on the lid, just a few hours here and there, the carbon effect was a 2 min spur of the moment thing! The flames I did after watching a few YouTube tutorials, surprisingly easy.
The skulls were a pain, I struggled to keep the stencils in the right place...

Im sure the airbrush is a VL or a VM, it came as a set with a compressor I bought for £40, yup, I got a £100ish air brush for free! Good times. Need a new thin needle for it though as I dropped the airbrush with the cap off when I was cleaning it.

I do a bit of pinstriping too, albeit badly, and I struggle to get the paint to the correct consistency as that's not something you can learn from YouTube! I blame a lot of crappiness on the brushes, but every other bugger seems to manage!
check out kafka pinstripping on youtube, he goes in depth on pinstripe paint consistency

Back