Good SprayGun

otpowell

Double Actioner
Ok, so I think I decided on this kit. I was going to get the Sharpe Finex but I like this kit cuz it comes with 4 different tip sizes.. What do you guys think? I figure, if I buy this, it could save me $ in the long run buying different tip sizes. Or is the sharpe better?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361297246.334153.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361297295.067298.jpg

I'm not sure,I have never used one. But if you want to send me one I will test it and let you know if it's good. :friendly_wink:

DeVilbiss are a great brand so I can say you will have quality equipment if you get it, I have no info for the Sharpe so I can't comment on that one.

Lee

I demo'd both of these guns years ago and actually purchased two of the Finex guns. Both are entry level spray guns, but the Finex is a better quality gun in my opinion. It has better atomization and spray characteristics. The spray cups on the Finex are also better quality. I had issues with the cup sealing on the Devilbiss and it was manufactured very thin allowing it to bend easily. I'm pretty sure they no longer make the Finex line though, so getting replacement parts might be an issue if you ever need them. I have never had to replace anything on either of mine until last year though (and it was my own fault... took it apart for a super good clean and lost the teflon needle bearing). My full size Finex is still operational today.

Thanks Wicked. 1.4 a good size if I had to choose just one size to start with? I'll probably be spraying a lot of HOK clear.

They have a new finex out. I was thinking about getting the 1.5 setup cuz you can spray primers too. You can spray a primer through a 1.2 also you just have to reduce it more right? Is there any cons of reducing a primer so that it will spray through a 1.2? There's no good articles out there about nozzle size of spray guns.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361314447.832104.jpg

Man one con of the finex vs the devilbiss, is that the devilbiss can accept a 2.2 nozzle size for flakes. Darn man I want to have the option to spray flakes.

Anyone have experience for spraying flakes? How big does your nozzle have to be in relation to flake size?

Thanks Wicked. 1.4 a good size if I had to choose just one size to start with? I'll probably be spraying a lot of HOK clear.

As with airbrushing, we are all a little different with spray gun set up too. I prefer a 1.3 for clear, but anything from 1.2 to 1.4 is a good place to start.

Anyone have experience for spraying flakes? How big does your nozzle have to be in relation to flake size?

If you plan to spray flake I highly recommend investing in a Flake Buster. Don't get me wrong, you can spray flake with a conventional spray gun, but being new to all of this, you will get much better results from a gun designed for the purpose. Nozzle size will depend on the flake size.

They have a new finex out. I was thinking about getting the 1.5 setup cuz you can spray primers too. You can spray a primer through a 1.2 also you just have to reduce it more right? Is there any cons of reducing a primer so that it will spray through a 1.2? There's no good articles out there about nozzle size of spray guns.

View attachment 11021

Didn't know they brought the Finex back... hopefully the quality is the same. Yes, you can spray reduced primer through a 1.2 or a 1.5 if you're spraying it as a surfacer. If you want to spary primer as a filler, you'll need a larger nozzle. I prefer a 1.8 for this purpose. Depending on your budget, I also recommend a dedicated primer gun in your arsenal.

If you plan to spray flake I highly recommend investing in a Flake Buster. Don't get me wrong, you can spray flake with a conventional spray gun, but being new to all of this, you will get much better results from a gun designed for the purpose. Nozzle size will depend on the flake size.

Ooo-oo-oh *drool* flake buster. Definately on my wish list!

Didn't know they brought the Finex back... hopefully the quality is the same. Yes, you can spray reduced primer through a 1.2 or a 1.5 if you're spraying it as a surfacer. If you want to spary primer as a filler, you'll need a larger nozzle. I prefer a 1.8 for this purpose. Depending on your budget, I also recommend a dedicated primer gun in your arsenal.

Thank you for the primer info! I've been trying to acquire that answer forever! Makes sense cuz if u want it as a filler it would have to go on thicker. Why not just change the nozzle to a 1.8? Prolly just easier and faster to have another spray gun..thanks again wicked.

I bought this spray gun just to learn the ropes.. This gun has great reviews.. I'll get a better one later once I have acquired more skill.. The sharpe and micron are on my list! Hope I don't have too many problems with this spray gun!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361739023.607186.jpg

Back