Got the pre-paint jitters...

Thanks!

Just following the advice I was given. Painting what I see, one little shape at a time.
If you ever want to see how screwed up your brain can get, check out ‘brain games’ - episode 1 will be enough to show you how we get tricked into seeing what isn’t there !

45 min but worth it.

Last edited:
Okay. After watching that, I'm convinced the Matrix exists. Creepy. I am recording the rest of the series, BTW.

Funny thing is, I asked my wife to watch 5 minutes of it, and she made me stand there while we watched the whole thing. The human brain is a crazy thing.

Last edited:
Okay. After watching that, I'm convinced the Matrix exists. Creepy. I am recording the rest of the series, BTW.

Funny thing is, I asked my wife to watch 5 minutes of it, and she made me stand there while we watched the whole thing. The human brain is a crazy thing.
lol its insane isn't it ! The two tone grey 'cube' has been shown on the forum before, but its buried somewhere
I thought the basketball and shadow was intriguing too, who knew shade placement could be so informative to our brains.
and yes, I'm working slowly through the rest of them but thought episode one was one that could be applied very well to art

For what it's worth, I got some time in today before all the little rabid candy munchers started knocking on my door. Yes, I hate Halloween.

I started the session thinking it would be easy. Most of the body is black. Nope. I soon realized everything has detail. I also am beginning to understand layers, which is awesome. I thinned the paint more so I could get coverage where I needed to, but not too much so I can see what I did and adjust or add to it. All said, it was a good day.

I still have a lot to do. Once I get the texture to an acceptable point, darken the values where they need it. I'm sure you all know the drill. Anyway, we'll call it progress.

Last time:

cat.jpg

And today:

new cat.jpg

More to come...

I dug out the good camera this morning. Here's a better picture of it. I was kind of frustrated with it yesterday, but looking at it this morning with fresh eyes, I guess it looks alright.

LB.jpg

Last edited:
get into the habit of walking away every hour or so, ESPECIALLY if you are getting frustrated or aren't sure if you should just tweak something a little more.
change your focus on your eyes and make a cup of what ever takes your fancy.
as you've discovered, they often look better than you thought. Oh and stand at least a 2 metres back as that is the distance that it will likely be seen from, not 6" from their nose :)

I dug out the good camera this morning. Here's a better picture of it. I was kind of frustrated with it yesterday, but looking at it this morning with fresh eyes, I guess it looks alright.

View attachment 64196
I think you did great here Buddy. This early on after getting started, you have an image that captures the reference really well. There’s different tones, some soft fades, nothing way to dark.
I think you did really good man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back