Greetings from Chicago, IL. New, and aspiring, airbrush artist.

D

Dart Vader

Greetings Everyone,

I finally took the initiative to get into airbrushing during September of 2012. By trade I am a Commercial Food & Product photographer. During my 25+ years as a photog I have also worked professionally as a tattoo artist, graphic designer (digital and conventional illustration), and as a working musician playing 5 and 6 string electric bass. Being heavily based in the visual arts it has been my desire, for many years, to learn how to airbrush the visions I have in my head.
This has been quite a challenge for me over the past few months as learning to control the airbrush is a completely unique set of skills to learn. I am thankful for forums like this one where the real required information is FREE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Holland, darrenday... Looking forward to see some of your work here...

welcome darren, im sure you will find everything you need here, its a good bunch of friendly informative like minded folk, between us we can normally answer any airbrush related questions.....as you say, all for free too, ....the site does offer some subscriptions which there are some small member benefits but really we all just do it so we can have funky stars next to our name!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Darren!!!!! Not only free but you have just made ALOT of friends from across the globe. Enjoy, spread the love and most off all enjoy the journey.

Welcome home Darren
You have found the best and most friendly forum to join , Learn , teach and have fun.

Welcome DarrenDay. You're not too far from our factory - let me know if you ever need anything of Badger or want to come over and tour our place. Do you do any culinary arts airbrushing?

i am from Chicago too. i hope you learn faster than me, so we can teach each other new skills.

Welcome DarrenDay. You're not too far from our factory - let me know if you ever need anything of Badger or want to come over and tour our place. Do you do any culinary arts airbrushing?

Holy S***! Thank you for that sweet offer! I would REALLY love that tour!
No Cullinary Arts airbrushing... YET! That sounds like something I would be very interested in, considering that my business specialization is Food & Product Photography for advertising.
As a photographer / illustrator / tattoo artist, I have desired to learn airbrushing for MANY years. Now at the age of forty-something (closer to... fifty) I am FINALLY taking the steps to learn this art form.
A friend of mine introduced me to airbrushing with his Anthem 155. I immediately fell in love. (with the process airbrushing, of course) My friend informed me that Badger is local and I could clearly see the advantage of that.
Now I can also see the extent to which you go just to make your customers satisfied and happy. I am sticking with Badger products. My next purchase will be a Krome.

Welcome aboard! Judging by your background, the transition to airbrush will most likely be easy. Look forward to seeing some of your work!

Hi Darren, its nice to greet you, (with a big smile) from New York. There is a great bunch of friendly people here. Welcome!

Back