Greetings from Ft. Worth, Texas

cricman

Young Tutorling
Good day, ladies and gents. dropping in to say hello. A little bit of background; I am a middle aged guy that grew up in 70s building scale models (mostly aircraft and armor) and dreaming that one day I would own an airbrush. Fast forward to the 90s, and I got back into model building and finally broke down and bought a Paasche H single action. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! built a lot of models with that workhorse and Tamiya acrylic! Then life got busy and took another long break from modelling. Flash to this Spring (2020), and all of a sudden I had time to spare and a locker full of vintage kits. I did some searching and lucked into a couple deals on used airbrushes, and ended up with a set of vintage, but immaculate, Iwata HP brushes (A,B, and C), a Kustom CS in the fancy case, and some masks and spare parts (nozzles, seals, needles, etc...) All I can say is WOW! I loved that Paasche, but those dual action Iwatas are just awesome! I completed a model between March to July and I am about to start another project in my time off for the holidays. Y'all be safe and happy creating with your airbrushes!

cricman

Welcome cricman, sounds like you’ve had a real score with the brushes.
Feel free to post up pics of anything you’ve painted. We always like seeing folks projects.

Welcome from Australia :)
Just a note for you. when you go looking for spare needles / nozzles for your HP brushes remember there is a difference between what you have and the newer 'plus' version. Look after the 'A' version, they are now discontinued but on the plus side the A, B & C that you have all take the same needle/nozzle. Its one of the reasons I bought all three (Plus version)

I look forward to seeing some of the vintage models all painted and pretty.
Don't hesitate to ask any questions that you can't find answers to :)

Back