Greetings from NH

emack

Double Actioner
Hello all.... and thanks for allowing me to join. Located in balmy NH USA. Looking forward to playing around with paints. While exploring rattle can spray paint effects for a motorcycle fairing it dawned on me that way back in the past I had bought a Harbor Freight air brushing kit. I used the compressor instead of canned air for cleaning things. Never thought about airbrushing. Until now. After watching videos of some really talented people, and having some time on my hands as of late... figured I could play around with the air brush kit.
Should be interesting.

Welcome to the forum. That's exactly the best way to do it, grab your airbrush and attach it to your compressor, then get some paint probably best with something that you could use on MC stuff / hard surfaces. I would recommend wicked or wicked detail and Auto air sealer for you basecoats, You can spray them on soft surfaces too like paper, card, material etc.. unless you use urethanes and have the primers and paints already.

Thank you all... There's so much to learn about air brushing, and paints. Decades ago I started to get into painting. In leu of a sketch pad, I bought a cheap camera to take pictures of things I wanted to try to paint. Long story short, I fell in love with photography and never picked up a paint brush.
This site is a great resource. Looking forward to checking out the talent here. Very inspiring!

Back