Greetings from Norway

G

GHstudios

Hi all!
Been trolling this forums for about a month now so I figured its about time for a little intro from me as well.
Airbrushed artwork has always facinated me alot, but I have never thought about getting into this myself, until now. Guess i have ever thought of this as just a kind of paintshop sort of business..
Cant say i have spent much time on artwork the last two decades, but my schoolnotes somehow got them doodles all over it. Weird how interesting math and history could turn out ;)

Anyway, my very first airbrush experience all started 4 weeks ago after bumping into the youtubes of a absolutely inspiring crazy aussie :)
So I went off and bought myself a low budget 20 dollar brush and a cheap compressor just to get me started, plus some AutoAir Transparents. It worked out ok the first two days, till i broke the nozzle/ the nozzle just broke.
I went stright away and bought another one, same kind, that turned out to be DOA. Nozzle leak i assume. So i turned it in for a third one, 10 bucks more ekspensive, and guess what, it lasted for a week! That pissed me off. 20 min later I cashed out an Iwata NEO, witch is still alive :) Sometimes it can be more expensive to go cheap..

Want to thank you all for a great and inspiring forum! Hoping to learn alot from u all as time goes :)

Not much to brag about but heres some pieces:

My first sheet ever!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354580860.663282.jpg

Also tried a skull the first day on some kind of glossy black paper. Not there yet lol
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354581532.223132.jpg

Day 3, tried for an eye and some dagger strokes
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354581704.452833.jpg

Day 10, just another eye
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354581864.656798.jpg

Day 20, Tiger on some gray paper not suitable for airbrushing i believe. It sucked up everything liquidy like a sponge. Just realized it got no whskers..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354581884.647160.jpg

Day 30, maby the reason why i first wanted to start airbrushing, but i guess i found spraying portraits more fun and challenging. My first canopy:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1354582523.694147.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hey brother! welcome you have certainly got the bug and the skills and control will come in time don't worry.day 1 to day 20 shows great progress.....you are on great company I know 2 members on here named madbrush and bentoad both fly and paint aircraft (madbrush gluts and paints choppers also) enjoy your stay

Hi from the uk. It's hard when you start because you don't want to spend out for something when you aren't sure how you'll like it, but as you discovered, it ends up costing more in the long run. But happy to see it hasn't put you off.

Kul med en norsk också!
Och heliflygare ? precis som mig. dock är jag svensk

Tjenare granne! :)
Yeah i do a bit of heli flying, still on the noob level on this too though :) Im also into rc planes, and lately i've been building some Depron models witch are cheap fun!

Yeah i had in mind when buying the cheap ones that they wouldnt last, or even spray properly, but i was expecting them atleast to hang on till x-mas lol. No way im putting this hobby down due to some technical problems, I got addicted since day one :)
Its a great hobby, and watching all of yours awesome work gives me some goals to struggle after!!

What tireds me is all the tip dry.. Every minute!! Is this normal? I know tip dry is common for this sort of paint but I find it too frequent.. I dont really understand it, and i believe i have tried everything about high and low PSI, reducing, more reducing and overreducing the paint. Using AutoAir transparents reduced with 4011.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"......What tireds me is all the tip dry.. Every minute!! Is this normal? I know tip dry is common for this sort of paint but I find it too frequent.. I dont really understand it, and i believe i have tried everything about high and low PSI, reducing, more reducing and overreducing the paint. Using AutoAir transparents reduced with 4011......"

Have you tried lowering your air pressure, reduced paint and low pressure will definately help with tip dry. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately, you need the air to push the paint, but the air can dry the paint. Less air and less paint will make it less of a pain.

Welcome from Holland. Autoair is a heavily pigmented paint and tends to cause tip dry faster than finer pigmented paints. Try diluting the paint - 15 water : 1 paint using between 5 and 15 psi. You will have to work in layers to accomplish the proper color intensity, but it will give you less tip dry. Or try using an other paint... The best waterbased acrylic is probably Holbein Aeroflash. Some say it is expensive but you need so little of the paint that one bottle will allow you to spray a lot of art work.

Hi, from New York. My comment as well. Your first sheet looks like mine did. Also did one eye, came out good, did another eye, then a face, etc. lol The copter came out nice.

Hm yeah will prolly try another paint. Maby a set of teh new Illustration?
Oh and forgot to mention its a siphon feed, so the pressure will have to be slightly higher. Next brush will definately be a gravity feed, think i liked that better.
Have tried overreducing and lower PSI to minimum.
Guess i would still have to carry on with the quest to seek the magical sweet spot :

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back