Greetings from the U.S.

C

contenderfan

Hi all, new member here from Indiana in the U.S.A. Found the forum surfing youtube and finding the AirbrushTutor vids. While not a complete newbie to airbrushing, my experience is limited to using an airbrush for painting scale model planes. Since seeing the AirbrushTutor vids, I have developed a desire to learn the artistic side of airbrushing and have been doing quite a bit of practicing with the different strokes and blends and such.

I have been using an Iwata Neo, and an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS. The Eclipse has given me trouble from the start, and went south last night so its likely going back to Iwata. (Going to make a post on that in the help section) The Neo is great and has actually outshined the Eclipse in everyway.

Anyway...I have a coupole other airbrushes ordered, a Badger Krome and a Badger Sotar 20/20. The Sotar I got for the unbelivable price of $47.76 including shipping from Amazon. $71.00 with an additional $30 off for signing up for an Amazon card...I couldnt resist!

Anyway...glad to have found the forum and looking foward to the learning experience!

welcome from Sunny South Africa

edit - very jealous re the badger sotar :)

Welcome from NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Welcome home contenderfan

What part of this Hoosier state you live in?
Nice to have you in the family

Mr. Micron, In in east-central Indiana, 7 miles east of Muncie. How about yourself?

Welcome to the forum contenderfan. I may have to check into the Neo myself. The Eclipse works well for me, way better than the Paasche VL I struggled with... There is a lot of talent in this forum and it is a great place learn and ask questions.

I really cant complain about the Neo at all, I got it from Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon. I was really impressed with the wat it performed, so I got an Eclipse HP-CS from Hobby Lobby also with a 40% off coupon. The Eclipse has been nothing but trouble and now will not spray below 20 psi at all. I have posted it in the Troubleshooting section..

Welcome to the forum contenderfan. I may have to check into the Neo myself. The Eclipse works well for me, way better than the Paasche VL I struggled with... There is a lot of talent in this forum and it is a great place learn and ask questions.

Well a big ol welcome from the little ol Uk, glad to have you with us, and keep on spreading the love:)

Welcome to the family from Chattanooga!!

Yesterday is now history and tomorrow is a mystery. Treat today as a gift, because that's why they call it "THE PRESENT"
Josh

Welcome from Holland.

I just got a Sotar from Amazon last week and I love it, however both needles came out of the box with slight bends in the very tip. So if you have any trouble with the spray, don't think it's faulty, get out the magnifying glass and check the tips. I polished both of mine which took out the bends and it sprays excellent. Hopefully you won't have the same problem.

thanks for the heads up melbee, will check it out for sure.

Welcome from Holland.

I just got a Sotar from Amazon last week and I love it, however both needles came out of the box with slight bends in the very tip. So if you have any trouble with the spray, don't think it's faulty, get out the magnifying glass and check the tips. I polished both of mine which took out the bends and it sprays excellent. Hopefully you won't have the same problem.

Back